Forum

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Please review the server beta17 announcement thread. There are some SQL commands that needed to be run against your server database to allow the Admin Server Query group to ignore needed modify permissions.

I too have been running my server since one of the early betas. As an admin though you really need to review the change logs and announcement threads to get the most out of new builds.
    Well, that helped me much, but of course, I also had to execute the following query. Group 3 is only a template and group 6 is the actual Server Admin group of server #1 (by default).

Code:
    login serveradmin [password]
    use port=[server port]
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_channel_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_server_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_server_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    After doing this, I was able to adjust the necessary permissions using the TeamSpeak Client GUI.

The amount of hand holding and tweaking needed between these updates is ridiculous.

The server should just make reasonable default choices for me; why am I having to spend hours reading about what rows I need to insert into a database to make it so guests can't kick users.

The server will make reasonable default choices if you've got the auto-update permission set correctly

I don't know what you're reading but all you've got to do is go into your cleint and open the permissions window and add the needed kick powers to each server group.

We have this issue to since we have updated from 28 to 29....

It is really worse... we have to update the permissions now...
    >500 server
    Its really annoying.

And yes we hve set the autoupdate.

Were the correct settings made for auto-update? If set correctly the SA group gets 75 for both kick power and needed kick power. Normal group gets 50 for needed kick power and Guest group gets 25 for needed kick power. All those settings work w/ out flaw unless you've set the auto-update permission incorrectly.

Value 0: The group will be handled like 'Query Guest' Value 1: The group will be handled like 'Query Admin' Value 2: The group will be handled like 'Server Admin' Value 3: The group will be handled like 'Server Normal' Value 4: The group will be handled like 'Server Guest' Value 5: The group will be handled like 'Channel Admin' Value 6: The group will be handled like 'Channel Operator' Value 7: The group will be handled like 'Channel Voice' Value 8: The group will be handled like 'Channel Guest'

Yes they are correct example pictures:

CORRECT Template Update for guest:
    http://gk.server-wi.com/uploads/tstemplatecorrect.PNG

CORRECT Template Kick Permissions for guest:
    http://gk.server-wi.com/uploads/tstemplatecorrect2.PNG

Now the "Normal" groups:

FALSE update for guest:
    http://gk.server-wi.com/uploads/tsgroupfalse.PNG
    FALSE kick for guest:
    http://gk.server-wi.com/uploads/tsgroupfalse2.PNG

So since the Update....
    the rights from kick are changed AND the update is on zero.

Group "normal" hve the same issue.
    to edit each virtual server manually isnt really good i think....

I see you said you have set i_group_auto_update_type, but was it set before the first time you ran beta29 against you database? Setting it after will not no affect. As best I can tell i_group_auto_update_type is only used when the database has a serverinstance_permission_version less than the server build requires.

yes it was set at beta23
    so like 5 month.... ?
    it was working all the time but not at 28->29

im going to write a php application that will fix this shit....

Also have the problem thats Guest group and Normal group can kick suddenly.

I really don't understand these topics and what we as users have to do.

Isnt there a tutorial or official statement how to due with this upgrade??

On a standard server with unchanged permissions the update to beta 29 worked flawlessly. For a guest to be able to kick you must have something set incorrectly to cause this. If the guest group has a kick_power set then you did something wrong somewhere. If no needed_kick_power is set in any group then you did something wrong.

I can't explain the results that xMasterPx has encountered and can only speak from my personal experience and neither my test server or my live server had any troubles with the update. As part of an update you should really double check that a permission which is added is correctly applied to those it pertains to.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    On a standard server with unchanged permissions the update to beta 29 worked flawlessly. For a guest to be able to kick you must have something set incorrectly to cause this. If the guest group has a kick_power set then you did something wrong somewhere. If no needed_kick_power is set in any group then you did something wrong.

I can't explain the results that xMasterPx has encountered and can only speak from my personal experience and neither my test server or my live server had any troubles with the update. As part of an update you should really double check that a permission which is added is correctly applied to those it pertains to.
    The kick power and needed kick power are grey. Cant change them because "insufficient permission modify power".

I don't understand the server query login and update permissions where some people are talking about. I didn't change anything untill some member of us told us that he was able to kick suddenly (as Normal group). When i tested it, it seems to be true

And I haven't got move power anymore as an SA...
    Last edited by GhostiEE; October 16th, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

I can't explain the results...
    It is possible that the permissions on those servers with problems, was in this way (approximately):

i_client_kick_power
    i_client_needed_kick_power

i_client_move_power
    i_client_needed_move_power 50

Before beta_29, Kick was tied to Move. Then there was no problem because they could not kick.
    But now they are independent, and ...

That's possible but the kick you're talking about was only kick from channel. Kick from server has always been tied to the kick permission.

Kick from server has always been tied to the kick permission.
    I guess you're referring to Move Permisssion

If so, I think Kick (Channel or Server) isn't tied, now, to Move. You can check yourself.

<tested in server beta30-pre>

Kick from server has always been tied to the kick permission. The kick from channel was tied to the move permission. The idea being that you are essentially moving a user out of 1 channel and into another.

Thread Information