Forum

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

[No bug] User can kick after beta29

Hello,
    after I updated to beta29, all my customers reported that guests have kick privilege. I wrote to tech support but they don't reply to us (we are an ATHP)
    How can we solve?

PS: to create new server i use this defaults.sql (http://teamspeak.netfire.com/literature/defaults.sql)

thanks

Do you have checked the Kick Permissions?

Yes, when I create a new server guests can kick, but server admins can't revoke that privilege from TS3. I think that the "suggested ATHP default.sql" provided by TeamSpeak must be updated because.

This database version was released for Server Beta22 and some permissions has been added and removed, since version 22.
    Since server beta23 we have a new permission called i_group_auto_update_type, it auto-updates your permission system. There is no need to use this database anymore. Your permissions for every group will be updated automatically.
    More information about this permission Here
    You should use the databse, the server creates automatically on first start.

To solve your kick problem, make sure that your groups getting those permissions:
    Code:
    Server Admin
    i_client_kick_from_server_power 75
    i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power 75
    i_client_kick_from_channel_power 75
    i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power 75

Normal
    i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power 50
    i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power 50

i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power 25
    i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power 25

Channel Admin
    i_client_kick_from_channel_power 50
    i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power 50

So I should use defaults.sql provided with server package even if I am an ATHP? Is it safe?

Which query do I have to execute to the database to batch-correct all the virtual servers permission?

Thank you

PS: Triton support seems to be VERY slow

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This database version was released for Server Beta22 and some permissions has been added and removed, since version 22.
    Since server beta21 we have a new permission called i_group_auto_update_type, it auto-updates your permission system.
    Fixed

On that note the FAQ at http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq&c...erm_autoupdate is also wrong as it states beta22. I think beta23 was the first to make use of the new setting, but the setting was actually added in beta21 so it would be there for later builds to use. The Egg was before the chicken this time.

I tyred to reproduce, that the permissions arn't set.

I started a new server without a database.
    Then i inserted the defaults.sql and started the server.
    All permissiosn got updated (per i_group_auto_update_type) & are set like they should be set.
    Then I created a new server and all permisisons also look fine.
    I also replaced the sql fiel again, but still loks fine.

Sorry, moved
    Last edited by RavLau; October 8th, 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Same here

I'm experiencing the same problem. After upgrading my server from beta28 to beta29, the kick power and needed kick power of all groups are grayed out and the server says I don't have enough permissions to change them, despite the fact that I'm server admin.

Any ideas?

Do you have the auto-update permission set?

I have the same problem and the setting "i_group_auto_update_type" do not change.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Do you have the auto-update permission set?
    No, it's also grayed out on every group. But I'm again unable to change the permission value: insufficient permission modify power. But I'm Server Admin, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RavLau View Post
    I have the same problem and the setting "i_group_auto_update_type" do not change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERIKvanPAASSEN View Post
    No, it's also grayed out on every group. But I'm again unable to change the permission value: insufficient permission modify power. But I'm Server Admin, though.
    Have you tried editing while using your Admin Server Query login? By default this is the only group that can set i_group_auto_update_type. If you are leasing a server from someone they may need to set it for you.

Another note, if your already running beta29 setting the i_group_auto_update_type will not add kick permissions, you have to log on as admin server query and give server admin permissions to set kick power.

If none of your server or channel groups have the i_group_auto_update_type permission set use this to set them (if your server|channel group id is different you need adjust as needed):
    Code:
    login serveradmin [password]
    use port=[server port]
    servergroupaddperm sgid=2 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=3 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=2 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=4 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=3 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=5 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=4 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=2 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=7 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=3 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=8 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=4 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=1 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=5 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=2 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=6 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=3 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=7 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=4 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=8 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=5 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=5 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=6 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=6 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=7 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=7 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=8 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=8 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    For databases that were already updated to beta29 without i_group_auto_update_type use the following to allow Server Admin to set kick permissions: (if your server admin's group id is different you need adjust as needed)
    Code:
    login serveradmin [password]
    use port=[server port]
    servergroupaddperm sgid=3 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_channel_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=3 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_server_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=3 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=3 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_server_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Have you tried editing while using your Admin Server Query login? By default this is the only group that can set i_group_auto_update_type. If you are leasing a server from someone they may need to set it for you.
    I'm hosting the server myself on a Debian machine. Even the ServerQuery interface says I don't have enough modify power to modify any of the permissions you mentioned above. Quite weird, I think.

I've been upgrading the server since one of the first beta's, so the database can be a bit 'old'.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKvanPAASSEN View Post
    I'm hosting the server myself on a Debian machine. Even the ServerQuery interface says I don't have enough modify power to modify any of the permissions you mentioned above. Quite weird, I think.

I've been upgrading the server since one of the first beta's, so the database can be a bit 'old'.
    Please review the server beta17 announcement thread. There are some SQL commands that needed to be run against your server database to allow the Admin Server Query group to ignore needed modify permissions.

I too have been running my server since one of the early betas. As an admin though you really need to review the change logs and announcement threads to get the most out of new builds.

Thread Information