Forum

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HellMind
    How hard is tell us how to fix it in a nice way?
    Because it's write in the documentation and annoucement.

Quote Originally Posted by HellMind
    Even isn't a bug we could use some help, maybe sticky this issue and give a solution on the first post.
    You have all informations in this forum.

But for the next version, this is a new doc for update :
    Code:
    ===================================
    TeamSpeak 3 Server :: Upgrade Guide
    ===================================

Copyright (c) TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    Last Update: 2010-10-26

----------------
    (1) Introduction
    ----------------

The TeamSpeak 3 Server software gets updated on a regular basis. Updates are very important fix bugs, 
    patch security flaws and add new features so you should try to keep your servers up-to-date at any 
    time. During our OPEN BETA we have added several features to improve the update process.

--------------------------------------------
    (2) How do I upgrade the TeamSpeak 3 Server?
    --------------------------------------------

Actually, updating a server is very easy. Just download the latest TeamSpeak 3 Server release from
    our downloads page and overwrite all existing files in your servers installation folder with the 
    new versions from the download package.

Example for Windows 32-Bit:

a) Navigate your webbrowser to http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
     b) Unzip the download package "teamspeak3-server_win32-<VERSION>.zip" to a directory of your
        choice
     c) Shutdown your running TeamSpeak 3 Server instance
     d) Select and copy all files from the newly generated directory "teamspeak3-server_win32" into
        your existing server installation directory
     e) Start your TeamSpeak 3 Server instance
     f) Use the TeamSpeak 3 Client to connect to a virtual server running in your TeamSpeak 3 Server 
        instance and click the server name to verify that your server has been updated successfully

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    (3) How can I make sure that my permission system is upgraded properly?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were using a version of the TeamSpeak 3 Server prior to 3.0.0-beta22, you had to update your 
    database manually in order to apply updates to the permission system. Depending on the number of 
    virtual servers running you're running, this was a time consuming task. With version 3.0.0-beta22, 
    we've added a new special permission called "i_group_auto_update_type". Whenever the permission 
    system gets updated, the server will automatically try to assign the new permissions to your existing 
    groups.

If you want to check if your permission system was updated automatically, simply open the latest 
    server logfile and search for an entry similar to this line:

2010-10-26 13:37:00.123456|INFO    |SQL           |   | updated permissions to version <VERSION>

Fresh installations of the server already have the correct values for this permission assigned. If 
    your database is based on an older release, it is very important that you assign the permission to 
    both your template and regular server groups on all existing virtual servers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (4) I'm using the same database for multiple server instances. Is there anything I need to know 
        before I update?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. The database contains a table called "instance_properties" which stores all settings for 
    each server instance. Since 3.0.0-beta30 this table includes an additional column called 
    "string_id". The value of this column represents the machine_id of the existing virtual servers 
    associated with the  server instance. If you update your server instances it's important that 
    you start each of them one by one in order to have the permission system settings of all virtual 
    servers updated properly. Please wait until the server startup process is finished and verify 
    that everything is working as expected before you start the next server instance.
    For the next big change, don't forget to read the doc

That doesnt fix my problem.

Ah you are saying to travel back in time and set that, cool, but im not mcfly

How can I force to update those permissions if i already got the last version?

@HellMind

I realize you are probably frustrated but this has been answered in this thread several times. Start at post #81 because my guess is when you do attempt to add these permissions you'll get an error about modify power.

Well, I finally worked out access to the ServerQuery section and when I am trying to apply the 'fixes' in this thread I am getting this message/error:

error id=2570 msg=insufficient\spermission\smodify\spower (14 ms)

I dont ve that error.
    I can modify the 'kick' power value but guest can still kick guest.

You need to ensure that the needed_kick_power is set for every server and channel group.

Quote Originally Posted by HellMind View Post
    I dont ve that error.
    I can modify the 'kick' power value but guest can still kick guest.
    Alright, after some playing around I fixed mine... HellMind, let me know if you have these set, this is how I did it...

Permissions -> Server Groups

In Server Groups tab -> Click guest .. Put "kick" (without quotes) in the filter, then set them like the attached screenshot

Then also do the same thing in the Channel Groups tab.

Basically, you need to make sure the power of the guest to kick is less than the required power to kick

Technically you can right click->remove the kick_power permission since that is essentially the same as setting it to 0. No reason to even grant a guest any kick power at all but as you have done be sure to set the needed_kick_powers Good to see you've got it working as you want now Spaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Technically you can right click->remove the kick_power permission since that is essentially the same as setting it to 0. No reason to even grant a guest any kick power at all but as you have done be sure to set the needed_kick_powers Good to see you've got it working as you want now Spaldo.
    When I had the guest kick power set to nothing, but, the required power set to 75... It still allowed guests to kick!

That is why I gave them 10

That's odd. On my server it works as I said. As long as you've got it working properly that's all that really matters

Quote Originally Posted by Spaldo View Post
    Alright, after some playing around I fixed mine... HellMind, let me know if you have these set, this is how I did it...

Permissions -> Server Groups

In Server Groups tab -> Click guest .. Put "kick" (without quotes) in the filter, then set them like the attached screenshot

Then also do the same thing in the Channel Groups tab.

Basically, you need to make sure the power of the guest to kick is less than the required power to kick
    Thank you it works,
    But those values are the default?

How can I check if the auto update permission config is enable for future upgrades?

Thank you it works,
    But those values are the default?
    Well the the 75 is the default value for everything, I made those other lower numbers up to make sure they didn't hit the 75!

How can I check if the auto update permission config is enable for future upgrades?
    Yep, easy (now that I found it)

Permissions -> Server Groups -> Server Groups tab

In filter, type 'auto' (without quotes)

Then the second/bottom one will be the "Group Auto Update Type"

Just make the number match from this guide (at the bottom):

http://teamspeak.netfire.com/literat...ns%20Guide.txt

I only have 3 groups myself, so they are:

Server Admin - 2
    Normal - 3
    Guest - 4

Then do the same for the Channel Groups tab:

Channel Admin - 5
    Operator - 6
    Voice - 7
    Guest - 8

Quote Originally Posted by Spaldo View Post
    When I had the guest kick power set to nothing, but, the required power set to 75... It still allowed guests to kick!
    Is it possible that your needed_kick (name of permissions, not description) power for the server group does not have the skip set and one or more of the channel groups have the needed_kick set to 0. That would cause this problem I think.

Right click the person still getting kicked by guest and goto permissions -> permissions overview and filter to needed_kick. Look down the list at there kick and needed_kick permissions to see which values are falling in place at the "all" area. If everything looks good there, look at the person that should not be able to kick but can using same steps before and see if there permissions are as expected. Could be they are getting a kick power from a channel group.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Is it possible that your needed_kick (name of permissions, not description) power for the server group does not have the skip set and one or more of the channel groups have the needed_kick set to 0. That would cause this problem I think.

Right click the person still getting kicked by guest and goto permissions -> permissions overview and filter to needed_kick. Look down the list at there kick and needed_kick permissions to see which values are falling in place at the "all" area. If everything looks good there, look at the person that should not be able to kick but can using same steps before and see if there permissions are as expected. Could be they are getting a kick power from a channel group.
    Hi Screech,

I think there may be a chance that I found an issue with the permissions sytem or the setup of my server.

I would like to get this fixed up and for it to be all safe..

I am just trying to work out exactly how to fix it up from your post, I have attached a screenshot, can you let me know if it is set right and if I am lookin in the right place?

Thanks...

How hard is tell us how to fix it in a nice way?

Dont you see more people are coming with this issue?

What do you need to see that many people got this problem?
    We found this issue on our server two days ago...
    Having a hard time trying to fix it also.

Thread Information