Forum

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    We found this issue on our server two days ago...
    Having a hard time trying to fix it also.
    Did you go through both of my guides on both this page & the last ?

YES, I've tried every solution in this thread. I'm a "server admin" but not the owner. The owner rents a BFBC2 server in the UK with a free TS3 channel. He doesn't really understand TS to much so, I'm trying to sort it out.
    Neither of us have the server query to adjust the permissions. The i_kick_permissions are grayed out and will not accept a change.

@stuckmoto
    The only option you have is to get the owner to fix the problem using the info in this thread.

all users have kick/ban permissions

need help Since Im an old Dog, and not to good at new tricks, as a server admin, I was made aware last night that all of our clan users were able to kick and ban one another and server admin also from any and all channels...Ive looked thru the forums for an answer, but with not much luck..is there an easy way to fix this, just to allow current SA kick/ban rights..Thanks for your patience..

Yea, he sent a ticket in to the server host. Thanks for the help...

kicking power

Hello,

I have hosted a guild teamspeak for my WoW guild and I seem to bump into 2 problems,

The first, I'm adding every 1 to the stand "normal" ground, The problem with that is, that everyone can kick everyone. I've found the permission in "client-admin" and on what level should I put it, If I understand correct that if I put the value on 75, you need at least 75 power to be able to do that (AKA admin)(please correct me if I'm wrong).

The second problem is that some members of the guild are living in the same house, (there brothers) but it seems to be standart that some1 with a duplicate IP can't join my TS.

Does anyone know a salution?

Thanks in advance

Hello

For kick problem :
    This post can help you : http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....94&postcount=4
    You have also the documentation for your good understanding about permission system : TeamSpeak 3 Permissions Guide.txt

For the brothers :
    Be sure that they use 2 different identitys (maybe there is just a clone permission problem).

teamspeak3 problem

Hello to everybody user.

I never had problem with my Teamspeak-3server. I have free lizens has server already very long already where it 2 gave

Namely since I have installed beta 29 now also beta 30 are not able gueste sometimes in kategorie are divided kiken banish etc. although it right from sa are. I have completely seen through right and they are marked grey speak none argues of it contained. Where come on it can lie ts is on the newest one, however, everybody stood can make what he wants although they not sometimes argues for it have around hilfe I would be very grateful.

mfg pinkikit

Question Kick permissions grayed out

has anyone had this problem:

all users can kick

I can not change the permissions on my server they are grayed out to me but for only kick every thing else works

when is this going to be fixed as its been 3 months? you need to role an update out that resets the guest group to fix this it should Not be hard at all to do this

some one just booted me as well we do not Own the server just rent it as most do, so guest group is not accessible by us to edit

what do i need to tell rackage uk to do as this will be affecting every single rackage uk account (i can make an ticket and point them on how to fix it as it will correct every TS3 servers in one go as they use an managed TS3 servers)

@leexgx

If you had set your auto-update permission correctly you would not have had this problem. There is no need for an update to "fix" an issue that was caused by failure to properly configure your server prior to the update.

Moving to a competent hoster would be a start. I'd imagine they've heard of the problem and just don't know how to fix it. If they had been reading notices and change logs before updating this problem would not have occurred to start with. Really some people don't deserve to make money offering hosting services, the only way they will get out of the business is when they have no more customers.

Basically your hoster is the sole reason for this problem and the reason you still have it after 3 months.

PoisonPanik, he is not the server hoster. Hoster may not have allowed users to set the permission in the first place and few allowed it.
    Last edited by Screech; December 28th, 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Question Kick Permission problem

I am renting a Teamspeak 3 server with GameServers.com and have a problem with users being able to kick admins. I have removed the permission to remove users from the server and the option is now grayed out. Also the option to kick users is grayed out.

Normal users also have the power to ban and Mute clients.

How do I disable to the power to kick from Normal users?

Also when I attempt to change the power to kick as the Server Admin I am receiving a message that says “insufficient permission modify power.”

Where is it spelled out your permission value? If am the server admin were does it say I have a value of 100 and/or if am a normal user where does it say I have a value of 75?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If I get you right you have problems with kick permissions.

Permissions to kick someone from server will be set with i_client_kick_from_server_power and i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power. Default value for Server Admins is 75.

If normal user shouldn't kick Server Admins the value of i_client_kick_from_server_power from normal users have to be lower than 75.

Thread Information