Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rafter Guest

Solved (beta36) Stale Decoder Detected

Hi

My Client Log is getting flooded with this message:
    2010-09-09 18:14:58.175976 Decode Error Stale Decoder detected, terminating it. Was ever active = 0

I think like 20 for each second passing It kept on for about 4 minutes and has stopped now.
    My Client is beta 28, my server is beta 27.

What could be the issue? I have not seen this 'error' before.

Got the same problem here. At the same moment, the error shows up, someone in my channel is permanent transmitting (actually he doesnt, but my client keeps saying it). Also, when he says something, i cannot hear him (but others in the channel can and he can hear me too). This problem shows up randomly and with every person i encounter. This problem can only be solved, when the person, who's permanent transmitting, reconnects.

Today i played with my sound setting and set my headset to surround and back to 5.1 sound. After that, every client, who joined my channel, got that bug instantly. As i restarted the client, all was fine.
    Hope i can help you by providing this information.

Greetz

Stale Decoder Detected

I haven't changed anything, but I was getting an annoying "click click click" sound, and whenever someone would speak it would go away. Now my entire TS locks up and I get a message saying "Stale Decoder Detected." It says the same thing TexasTeamspeak says. Now I get this error roughly 25 times a second when it does it.

If I Exit my teamspeak and log back in, it works just fine. Until it happens again.

I'm open to opinions if there are any fixes.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Guilty; October 9th, 2010 at 01:09 AM.

If this is in the wrong section I apologize.

*Bump*

I created a new thread, I'm have the same exact problem. But from the date on your posts it was last month... Have you come up with a soultion? I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and still no fix.

Me and several friends randomly have this problem also, Not sure what causes it.

Basically, The TS3 client will seem to respond when you talk, then as soon as someone responds there is no sound and their transmission light is on constantly.

Looking at the logs its flooded with:

2010-10-08 15:41:53.694991 Decode Error Stale Decoder detected, terminating it. Was ever active = 0
    2010-10-08 15:41:53.713992 Decode Error Stale Decoder detected, terminating it. Was ever active = 0
    etc...

You have to restart the program for the problem to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTeamspeak View Post
    Me and several friends randomly have this problem also, Not sure what causes it.

Basically, The TS3 client will seem to respond when you talk, then as soon as someone responds there is no sound and their transmission light is on constantly.

Looking at the logs its flooded with:

2010-10-08 15:41:53.694991 Decode Error Stale Decoder detected, terminating it. Was ever active = 0
    2010-10-08 15:41:53.713992 Decode Error Stale Decoder detected, terminating it. Was ever active = 0
    etc...

You have to restart the program for the problem to go away.
    Hey Texas, do you use a program called X-Ray? It's anti cheat program that uploads pics to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    Hey Texas, do you use a program called X-Ray? It's anti cheat program that uploads pics to their website.
    Nope, however I should have mentioned that I am using windows 7 64-bit, TS3 Beta 31 client and beta29 server.

I'm using the same.

Ok, I'm thinking its my sound card crashing.. because I hear a "bzzt" and if I have my volume mixer on it says there are no audio devices. So I'm thinking it's not a teamspeak problem..

It does seem to be an issue with the sound card changing, If I remote desktop into my machine while TS3 client is running the client always gets bugged when someone talks after that.

Teamspeak can't handle, when a device gets added or removed, while the client is running.
    As long you don't change the audio device during remote session , as long it wont hang up.

Well I found a solution.. if your like me and have two audio ports, just stick a pair of old headphones in the jack you dont use. Fixed my problem, it doesn't crash anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Teamspeak can't handle, when a device gets added or removed, while the client is running.
    As long you don't change the audio device during remote session , as long it wont hang up.
    I understand that and that it may not be a bug, however the problem seems to happen to other users (like Guilty) for other reasons. In my test group I know of at least 2 others that have had this problem.

When I remote to check my email, and am not changing the audio devices. While in remote desktop, the TS3 client shows my sound card is still selected, however red and (invalid).
    Ts3 is running the whole time and when I login directly the sound devices in TS3 show normally. As soon as someone else attempts to talk my client bugs out the persons talk light is on constant.

I just noticed that I do not have to restart the client to fix the problem, Just re apply the capture and playback devices it goes away.

TexasTeamspeak what you describe here is, that your soundcard changes a soon you conenct per remote to your computer.

The red indicator is telling you, there is something wrong with your sound card. Maybe the name changed or the audio mode has changed. Or this card is blocked for applications.

Thread Information