Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A guy talking on TS3 drops everyone in channel

Hi

Friend of mine who have bad connection joined my ts3 server and everytime he spoke my client turned off, shutdown that is. With no error logged or anything. Now i have been searching google over and over and found nothing so i thought i would share the problem, i have though solved it after 4 hours of messing around and about 200 shutdowns.

We even went on public channels to see if the other guys were getting Disconnected and well, ye they did we had our fun with annoying them as it was to us before. He managed to get the whole server disconnected

Then we joined another server since he got banned to annoy more people, but hey, it didnt work ;(

When it didn't work, i started to think about what might be wrong, 2 servers, same version, 1 with problem, 1 not. In the same server, the one without problem, i joined a different channel, where his voice started to scramble, by doing so, i went to my server, made 3 channels, with different Codec.

The first one, i had the scroller all the way to the left and second in middle and third to the right.

First one, his voice was shit, second one, dc, third dc. So i set it between Left and middle and it worked. I could hear him without shitty noise or getting dropped.

So how can we reproduce this? What exactly was he doing to cause a disconnect? So far all I see is a couple of people being a pain in the ass instead of responsibly testing for a solution.

we have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    So how can we reproduce this? What exactly was he doing to cause a disconnect? So far all I see is a couple of people being a pain in the ass instead of responsibly testing for a solution.
    We have the same problem , but didnt find out how to solve this but we are examening the problem?
    The only thing he does is start talking in the channel and everybody that is listening in that channel will be closed down.

Let me explain the word Dc.. DC = Disconnected (dropped)

I think i explained it all, didnt i? didn't i even give u the solution for the problem? what was causing it all?

see what i wrote: The first one, i had the scroller all the way to the left and second in middle and third to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Moddi
    The first one, i had the scroller all the way to the left and second in middle and third to the right.

First one, his voice was shit, second one, dc, third dc. So i set it between Left and middle and it worked. I could hear him without shitty noise or getting dropped.
    It's the CODEC, thats the problem, its being 2 high set as default for people who have bad connection, bad connection = Slow internet.

Edit a channel, find Codec, take the scroller to the left, if u tkae it to right or lets it be in middle (a big chance the guy with bad connection will dc all thats in the same channel).

The further away u take it to the left, the crappier will the sound be but it will fix the problem, dont take the scroller all the way to the left cause u wont hear a shit.

At the moment i have these settings to be able to hear the guy and not getting disconnected:

Codec
    Less Bandwidth_____________2.15 KiB/s________________High Quality
    -----------------|==|-----------------------------------------------
    __________________32 kHz, Quality 3, Delay 60 ms_________________

Mr Poisonpanik, i hope you could understand me better now?
    Regarding the us being pain in the ass, well imagine sitting 4 hours getting disconnted and have to start teamspeak over 200 times? I mean, how can they release Beta client only? why can't u download a stable one?

kk, thx Moddi

This is not a teamspeak problem if it is as you say it is. If client cannot handle the data on the connection then either they need to find a new server or the server needs to adapt to the client.

If lowering the quality/codec removes the problem then that's what you should do to solve the problem.

This is a beta product and most people operate the software with no issue. You don't have to use the 32khz codec to have good audio quality. 16khz on a quality of 3 sounds perfectly fine/understandable to me on several different servers with varying amounts of clients.

Since you solved your own problem I see no reason to offer any more adivce

This is not a teamspeak problem if it is as you say it is. If client cannot handle the data on the connection then either they need to find a new server or the server needs to adapt to the client.

If lowering the quality/codec removes the problem then that's what you should do to solve the problem.

This is a beta product and most people operate the software with no issue. You don't have to use the 32khz codec to have good audio quality. 16khz on a quality of 3 sounds perfectly fine/understandable to me on several different servers with varying amounts of clients.

Since you solved your own problem I see no reason to offer any more adivce
    I said i would share the problem due to others might have the same problem, i already know how to fix this but i wanted other people to KNOW the problem, so they dont spend the same amount of time as i did trying to figure out whats wrong....

poison, I dont think you can discount that there is a bug going on here. A client who is lagging should be incapable of disconnecting other clients through talking.

I merely stated that if it is as he says it is then it's not a TS issue but a client issue. If adjusting the quality and codec changes the result then that's what must be done.

I am not there to check every client's connection statistics so I have no idea what kind of connection each client has with the server. Without more information on this you cannot say definitively if it is a bug or just an issue with codec and quality settings. Based on what was explained I came to the conclusion that it is an issue with the codec and quality. Seems everyone feels they must use 32khz / 10 quality in every channel when they really don't need that to have a good qaulity sounding voice.

The problem still exists (even after changing settings)

The problem still exists even wenn we did chaince the codec settings , when this isnt a bug from teamspeak it is a good way for people that wants to mess around with servers the only thing the have to do is geta bad connection and than mess up the servers , i dont think that is the way to work , hope sombody off the developers know a fix for this problem .

greetings Edwin

Having the very same issue here as well. The person that causes the dropouts has a pretty good connection though so it doesn't appear to be that.

I have tried altering the codec and quality settings but it doesn't seem to make much difference. It's bad enough that one of our squad cant join the TS, but it's a bigger issue that he can cause everyone in the server to disconnect.

Any hope of a solution on this one?

Here a screenshot off the his connection

I think his connection is fine. look at screenshot
    Still the same problem , also after installing the client several times new , also cleaned register files for leftovers from the program ?

see screenshot

Well, what is the server and client versions of the server and his and other people's clients? Has he attempted to redownload the latest build and reinstalling it?

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Well, what is the server and client versions of the server and his and other people's clients? Has he attempted to redownload the latest build and reinstalling it?

Yes he did install the newest client beta 36 windows 32 bit and server 29 beta
    all off our users are using 36 at the momentonly he has the problem
    also tried on other servers also the ts3 public server and everybody in the room where he starts talking disconects.

Same here, everyone (and server) is on latest version as above but only one causes the problem.

Edit - PD1EVL - What sound card is the guy causing problems for you using? The one on our end is using an HT Omega Striker 7.1. May be grasping at straws but I'm trying to find the one thing he has different to everyone else. Windows version doesn't seem to be it as we have chaps using XP, Vista and 7 (32 & 64 bit) and all the others are ok. The sound card seems to be the only thing he has that no-one else has got.

Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by TheFitz View Post
    Same here, everyone (and server) is on latest version as above but only one causes the problem.

Edit - PD1EVL - What sound card is the guy causing problems for you using? The one on our end is using an HT Omega Striker 7.1. May be grasping at straws but I'm trying to find the one thing he has different to everyone else. Windows version doesn't seem to be it as we have chaps using XP, Vista and 7 (32 & 64 bit) and all the others are ok. The sound card seems to be the only thing he has that no-one else has got.

Fitz
    Via soundcard integraded on the mainboard thats the soundcard he use's and a lot off our users are using this card.

Thread Information