Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Permission problems Beta 29

Today one Guest hacked my TS3 Server. He Came in and Kicked all from the Server. Also Server Admins. So first of all i banned him. Afterwards i returned to Beta 28. I saved the log Files from Beta 29. Donīt know if i should Post it here? But got someone else this Problem or how can i solve this Problem. Is it solved that i returned to Beta 28? I got a TS3Viewer is may this a Problem?

Every time I've ever heard of this happening (exept the security flaw in an older version) it's been because a permission was either set incorrectly or not at all. Double check all the permissions.

i did already. Got no Problems since Beta 17. Also didnīt Change anythink. So why should it now work. But when one right isnīt set is that ok or do i have to set every rightīs? So i set only a few of rightīs for Guest. But what i heard taht in the Beta 29 is a Bug. Also a friend returned to Beta 29 because he got the same Problem.

You should have a value for all or nearly all the "needed" permissions. With out a value anyone that has a power for that permission can perform that action. Double check that this user wasn't granted channel admin and allowed to kick people this way. With the new kick permissions you probably need to make a few adjustments to make them fit your setup.

No he didnīt got an Admin or Super Admin. Also he granted not a Query Login. So thatīs why iīm so afraid. I checked the logs. He was Guest and kicked a Server Admin. I also checked His ID in the data Base and also my Linux Server. For all needed permissions i set it for all groups. This i read already in the past that this is more safty.

our server was hacked today also, he added himself to every group and started kicking people. he did not however add himself to server admin.

i checked all permissions, and had members test out each group and they were not able to do this, so i dont think it was permissions.

Just FYI, not trying to steal someones thread, but we had the same thing happen to us.

I did find a smaller bug that i think is unrelated that i want to share with an admin, but not in public so it can be replicated by anyone. Who should i PM/ talk to?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Let me add that if the i_group_auto_update_type is set for all of your server groups, or at least server admin as some prefer, before updating from beta28 to beta29 the new defaults for kick_from_channel and kick_from_server would prevent guest from kicking everyone, or at least the admins.

That script is mainly for hosters or servers with many groups that don't use the default kick permissions so that they don't have to manually reenter all of them.

Thread Information