Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Mic doesn't work | Ubuntu 10.10, TS3

Hello,
    I've Ubuntu 10.10 and installed the latest release of TS3. The mic isn't working. I've tried all the options but I get either no sound or some strange noises. The Push-to-Talk option doesn't work at all. The
    The mic is connected as "Microphone 1" through "Internes Analog Audio" and every other aplication is able to use it (even in duplex mode) with ALSA or PulseAudio.
    Can anyone fix this or tell me a sollution?
    Thanks

I have the same issue :-/

Some sound gets through but only in small portions in certain intervals.

It seems as though the sound input processing floods the cpu, but the system monitor doesnt show such results.

Really weird.
    Last edited by r4wmunt34q; October 22nd, 2010 at 10:23 PM.

I've the same problem too, I think it's caused by Ubuntu 10.10, it worked well before on 10.04

Unhappy

same problem here: sound output is working fine, input suffers from heavy stuttering.

worked before upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10

Exclamation Same Problem

Hi guys,
    i've got the same Problem on Ubuntu 10.04!

Can anyone help us?

Greets Werner

Lightbulb

I got a little workaround:
    I slected PulseAudio and "Stereo Audio Input Monitor" as input source in TS3.
    Then I started Audacity, recording my mic.
    TS3 is now able to hear the internal audio signals and captures them, too. But i have a huge lag of 3-5 seconds.

I don't know if it solves the problem for you but it helped me. Has someone any luck with other configurations.

PS: I updatet from Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10 and updated TS3 to beta 36. Still no improvement.

I have this issue, albeit intermittently.

I can transmit successfully for a while, usually an hour or so. However, after a while I only transmit small portions of my input over short intervals, like r4wmunt34q. Never experienced this issue prior to the TS3 second-to-last update (or perhaps third-to-last now); I don't think it was correlated with upgrading to 10.10 even though I did that around the same time.

I never have problems receiving. I can record myself using Sound Recorder just fine. I can also use Skype just fine. I think the bug is something that changed recently in the Teamspeak 3 client.

I have this issue as well. I am currently running Ubuntu 10.10. I hear everyone talk fine in TeamSpeak, when I talk it sounds choppy and no where near undertandable. It cuts in and out... Not sure what the problem could be..

I appreciate the help...

I am still having issues. This is TeamSpeak related. I tried mumble and it works clear as day. I am using a Logitech Headset. Which has the USB adapter. I can go either analog or USB. I have tried both. This is a real disapointment. I have been at this the last few days without any success

terrysolid Guest
    I am also having this issue in Ubuntu 10.10 - Any sort of fix or even an acknowledgement of the issue would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by r4wmunt34q View Post
    Some sound gets through but only in small portions in certain intervals.

It seems as though the sound input processing floods the cpu, but the system monitor doesnt show such results.

Really weird.
    Describes my problem 100% correct.

Someone talked about this maybe being a regression? Is there any way to get hold of some older beta builds? I would be more than willing to test them out.

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
    Release: 10.04
    Codename: lucid

TS:
    2010-12-15 17:22:01.648076|INFO |MPSingleton | | Detected local codeset to be: UTF-8
    2010-12-15 17:22:01.648608|INFO | | | Logging started, clientlib version: 3.0.0-beta36 [Build: 12815]
    2010-12-15 17:22:01.649681|INFO |Query | | listening on 127.0.0.1:25639
    2010-12-15 17:22:01.735653|INFO |ClientUI | | Failed to init text to speech engine: 3584
    2010-12-15 17:22:01.735778|INFO |ClientUI | | TeamSpeak 3 client version: 3.0.0-beta36 [Build: 12815]
    2010-12-15 17:22:01.735822|INFO |ClientUI | | Qt version: 4.6.2
    2010-12-15 17:22:01.735849|INFO |ClientUI | | Using configuration location: /home/*******/.ts3client/ts3clientui_qt.conf
    2010-12-15 17:22:02.234648|INFO |ClientUI | | Last update check was: ons. des. 15 17:15:01 2010
    2010-12-15 17:22:24.571050|INFO |PreProSpeex | 2| Speex version: 1.2rc1

Same issue, client works for a period of an hour or more, but then it fails and no amount of fiddling short of rebooting will fix it. Mumble, Skype, Sound recorder all continue to work clear as day.

The audio from the mic is distorted and choppy, even in the "test audio" option in settings.

beta36 on Ubuntu.

Looking at both the libraries linked by the teamspeak binary, and what is actually collecting the audio from the Pulseaudio stack, it seems that the FMOD stuff could possibly be the source of the problem.. http://www.fmod.org/index.php/fmod

I've downloaded every version from 4.26 - 4.33 (every supported version) and substituted the libfmodex64.so for the one bundled with teamspeak, and even tho looking at the binaries, these are clearly the same library, with only a few bytes different in file size, as well as looking at the symbols and strings contained within the binary, teamspeak would not recognise any Pulseaudio devices with any of these libraries other than the one it shipped with... somthing pretty strange is going on here... I don't understand why this issue is only cleared by restarting the OS, not just teamspeak... and what version lib libfmodex are they using which isn't compatible with any supported version from the supplier?

James.

Did a complete deinstall from the pulse audio server in the packet manager (synaptic) with all listet packages and did a restart after that. after the restart alsa is used and ts3client rc-1 pre9 works like a charm
    in the settings from ts i use for capture the standard setting which is "automatically use best mode" and "default" and for playback just the same.
    so this resolved the problem for me, because i donīt need pulse audio (not yet, later maybe)

Remove your entire audio subsystem so 1 buggy app works.... not a solution(TM), how then can I play music, get Skype calls or be on mumble/vent at the same time?

I am pretty amazed/disappointed that there has been no comment about this, or new beta for months. It's not as if it doesn't work, sometimes for hours before it stops completely .. and even then, all other comms tools work fine.

J

Thread Information