Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Music is playing on my System ! No Problem with that
    Skype / Mumble / Ventrillo is not needed i got TeamSpeak and if u donīt like the solution u have to wait for another one

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxinator View Post
    Music is playing on my System ! No Problem with that
    Skype / Mumble / Ventrillo is not needed i got TeamSpeak and if u donīt like the solution u have to wait for another one
    On most modern sounds cards an ALSA device is not multi-access, so you cannot run an another app such as a music player at the same time on the same device... under most circumstances you wouldn't be using the same device for music, but still, a lot of people use speakers for voice comms.

Personally tho, I use Mumble,... but since I also co-ordinate a coalition of 27 alliances in Eve Online, and I may be required to jump into comms for any one of the other alliances or corps within, many of who use Vent, Teamspeak 2 or 3, or some combination... I actually do need this to work, sometimes I am listening (and even speaking) in 2 or 3 different comms applications at the same time... on the same audio device... and I might be also recording the downmixed audio... un-installing the audio multiplexing subsystem so that you can only run 1 audio application at a time is just not a solution. I do appreciate that without any input from the developers for months, this is where we are... although I prefer to just jump into teamspeak pass on some information and close it, for risk that it might break and force me to reboot before I can use it again.

The problem, TBH is not that there are bugs... most software has bugs and this is BETA after all... but if it was being actively developed, one would surely expect issues like this to be acknowledged and/or addressed... there certainly are lots of bugs I have at least 10 people(mostly on Windows) who simply can't use it for one reason or another... all the way from "just can't connect" to "X game won't run while teamspeak is open"... so why has it been months since an updated beta was released?

Just last night, for example... around 60 people were asked to move to another channel, and when they did... everyone on the server was dropped.
    Last edited by blueadept; February 10th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

When using Ubuntu 10.10 Teamspeak 3 does not play mic-sound correctly. Gnome-sound-recorder captures mic-sound perfectly, thus my mic-setup should not be a problem. TeamSpeak 3 has no problem with capturing my PulseAudio Monitor (output loopback) stream, thus it is a fair conclusion that my PulseAudio setup works (at least somewhat) with TeamSpeak 3.

I made:
    • A sample of me saying "this is a test" and how TeamSpeak captures it.
    • A screenshot of padenvchooser showing how teamspeak (left) and gnome-sound-recorder (right) connect with my PulseAudio-server.

Help is much appreciated.

This is a real let down. Im not sure what else to try, I was hoping ts3 would be awesome, but it isn't for Linux. We shall have to wait a long time again before this works. Unfortunally. I tried everything and can't seem to figure it out.

I think I'm having the same problem as wassasin.
    Wassasin how did you make that recording? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotslash View Post
    I think I'm having the same problem as wassasin.
    Wassasin how did you make that recording? I'm curious.
    I used gnome-sound-recorder to capture the loopback (Monitor) source.

Got it working through an ugly workaround. I suspect the underlying TS library does not use the PulseAudio API correctly, as it interprets the mic-stream wrong, but interprets the monitor stream correctly.

By making TS listen to the monitor stream, but force PulseAudio using padenvchooser to stream the mic (where PulseAudio forcibly resamples the mic-stream to the monitor format), the mic is coming through correctly to TS.

A better workaround would be to force the mic to be resampled by PA to the default format using the config. I'll try that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wassasin View Post
    Got it working through an ugly workaround. I suspect the underlying TS library does not use the PulseAudio API correctly, as it interprets the mic-stream wrong, but interprets the monitor stream correctly.

By making TS listen to the monitor stream, but force PulseAudio using padenvchooser to stream the mic (where PulseAudio forcibly resamples the mic-stream to the monitor format), the mic is coming through correctly to TS.

A better workaround would be to force the mic to be resampled by PA to the default format using the config. I'll try that soon.

Could you elaborate more on this work around? Im sure myself and many others would appreciate it!

After a new session of elimination I concluded that something was wrong with ALSA. Gnome-sound-recorder worked because it used the direct memory copy without resampling. My workaround worked because PulseAudio forcibly resampled it, but first waited until the buffer was ready. This however resulted in a terrible lag, not really noticable in the TS-options-testing.

My problem is caused by the alsa driver for my onboard soundcard. Thus my solution will probably not work with other setups. My onboard soundcard is common however, so it might just work.

I have a HDA-intel-compatible soundcard:

Code:
    $ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: VT2020 Analog [VT2020 Analog]
    Thus it uses the snd-hda-intel driver. This driver however auto-detects the incorrect DMA pointer, resulting in wrong / slow readout of the sound buffer. Luckily, I can easily force the DMA-pointer-mode:

1. Execute
      Code:
      sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    2. Add the following to the file (at the end):
      Code:
      options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1
    3. Save and exit
    4. Execute
      Code:
      sudo alsa force-reload

And now it works correctly. Note that this will only work if you have:
    • A compatible soundcard with the same driver-issue
    • The same ALSA- and driver-version (v1.0.23)

It _might_ work in some other cases. I, in any case, am a happy user of the native TeamSpeak-client.

We know that a lot of user seem to have problems with our old Fmod client.
    We will offer an overhauled sound system without using Fmod, in one of our incomming pre releases (next weeks),

Please be patient and wait for this release.

Option 2 (for testing)

Here is a preview version of the upcoming nofmod linux client. It has received very little testing but works fine on ubuntu with pulse audio (a fresh installation).
    You can help us with your feedback and bugreports (in our bug section).

Info
    The client will tell you, that an update is available on start. Please press "no" and ignore the update!! or else it will downgrade again.

Download Links:
    TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.0.0-rc1-pre12.run
    TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.0.0-rc1-pre12.run

Remember, this is a preview version!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

This new version fixed the problem I was having with the mic.

You can now use the official beta release (which is newer and better than the preview posted above). See this for details:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...le-for-testing

Thread Information