Forum

Update ts3 server

For some reason, no matter what I do, and no matter what script I use, the teamspeak server never updates.

Server version is "3.0.0-beta25 [Build: 11421] on Linux".

I was hoping someone could provide me with a step-by-step tutorial on updating the server to the latest version.

Please use the search function, you are by far not the first to ask. Short: Stop the server. Make a backup of the server directory and extract the new server over the old. Start the server. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Baraan View Post
    Please use the search function, you are by far not the first to ask. Short: Stop the server. Make a backup of the server directory and extract the new server over the old. Start the server. Done.
    I have already searched. I actually found a topic where someone had the same version that I do, but there was never a solution.

I also read that if you simply replace the files that you won't get the database upgrades. I want all the updates, not just the files.

My understanding is the DB update happened between B22 and B23 so given that you're already B25 you're past the upgrade point.

Also, technically you only have to replace the actual binary (ts3server_linux_x86 or ts3server_linux_amd64)...

Exactly, a new server b25 has all the settings for permission auto updates set. But I really would replace all the files (besides the database file, but thats not in the archive anyways), I don't see what harm it could do and you never know when they are changed. (There are there for some reason, aren't they )

Thread Information