Forum

Grant Power? Skip? some help please

Iv done forum searches and i cant seem to understand exactly what these permissions do. can someone explain what the Skip, negate, and Grant powers do. in a simple explanation haha. cause i cant seem to wrap my head around it. also im just right clicking permissions and selecting remove permission for permissions i dont want that group to use. will that work for wat i want it to? thx a hole lot guys for any help you can give.

Hello

Please, read the documentation :
    TeamSpeak 3 Permissions Guide.txt

edit by mod
    maybe you should give hints :-/

edit by Flo
    Everything is already written in the doc and on this forum.
    But promised for next time.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 29th, 2010 at 11:22 AM.

A permission with Skip flag ignores the same permission, when it is set on a Channel or in a Cahnnel Group. So it takes the value, you became from a Server Groups and don't set's another value (that could be lower) from a channel group.

A permission with Negate flag takes the lowest value (lowest is the permission with a negate flag), and this user won't get an higher value for this permission from any other group or channel permission.

The Grant value tells your client, that he is allowed to add or modify a permission.
    It is also called i_needed_modify_power_*

But as florian said, you can read all that in this Guide.

thx guys. yes i have read the guide. or atleast tried. for me its hard to understand what there talkin about. but the post above mine help a bit. have to read it a couple more times tho haha

PS this permissions system is very complicated. i mean i love customization but this is like OVERKILL. i hope they make a simplified version of the permissions system alongside the advanced version..

The devs have said a "basic" or "simple" option will be introduced eventually. My understanding of this is that there won't be much customization at all if you use this mode so it is better to learn the system which really isn't that hard once you start connecting the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    The devs have said a "basic" or "simple" option will be introduced eventually. My understanding of this is that there won't be much customization at all if you use this mode so it is better to learn the system which really isn't that hard once you start connecting the dots.
    You are right, you have definnatly more options with the permision system for advanced users. But User scream for it, maybe it will be activated in 2 or 3 releases.

Thread Information