Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Updates

Updates

Why do you update the program like every 2 - 3 weeks when there's not really any visible updates. Why can't you just bring out bigger patches if it don't make a difference to the connection?

because this program is in beta and that's what happens when you beta test a program.

Quote Originally Posted by JRExTek View Post
    Why do you update the program like every 2 - 3 weeks when there's not really any visible updates. Why can't you just bring out bigger patches if it don't make a difference to the connection?
    I second this concern. Not just because of the frequency, I could live with that, but every update resets all the settings that I modified and I have to go back in and change them again. In particular, editing the "text to speech" features that you have to go in and edit the system files to even allow modification, and then have to repair the actual text-to-speech changes that I make as well.

It would also be nice to be able to turn off the auto-check-for-updates feature, but I can't find a way to do it.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    IMHO there are many benefits to keeping up to date, if you read the changelog. Often, I force my clients to update to take advantage of it. Its easy to update, and as stated before, beneficial.

Changes are often made with new releases, as well as the text to speech. If you made some special change to it, I would suggest that you save backups of your changes elsewhere. New releases are meant to improve the client - not make it worse

BETA is coming near its end (I think) so you won't have to worry about it soon.

I mean what can you suggest, not to update?

Backup your files before updating, is the only thing I can suggest.

every update resets all the settings that I modified and I have to go back in and change them again.
    If this is happening you are not updating correctly. As for the TTS, if you keep a backup copy of this file then it's an easy swap once you update to replace the updated default TTS file with your own personal file.

When you change the settings.ini from the default_speech directory, then you also have to move it into another folder. Every soundpack has to be moved into another directory.

I don't really care about the updates but could the shift+backspace shortcut be removed or at least changed to something that is less frequently used? This is kinda what happens when you press it:

<10:36:51> *** You are now talking in channel: "Delta Team (Green)"
    <10:36:52> *** You are now talking in channel: "Halo"
    <10:36:53> *** You are now talking in channel: "Guild Wars"
    <10:36:53> *** You are now talking in channel: "Doom"
    <10:36:54> *** You are now talking in channel: "Counter-Strike"
    <10:36:54> *** You are now talking in channel: "Battleswarm"
    <10:36:54> *** You are now talking in channel: "Alien Swarm"
    <10:36:54> *** You are now talking in channel: "Games"
    <10:36:55> *** You are now talking in channel: "Movie Channel"
    <10:36:55> *** You are now talking in channel: "The Lobby"

And then the person got banned (not me, I'm an admin on my server). Smileys tend to use the shift key to appear and it's really annoying when you try to say something and you end up in another channel. This is with the latest update, 12815.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurlyn View Post
    I don't really care about the updates but could the shift+backspace shortcut be removed or at least changed to something that is less frequently used?
    Yes we will change it to some hotkey that is not used so often by accident.

Thread Information