Forum

Exclamation Going mad because Mic won't work - Please Help!

I am having some serious problems with my microphone on TeamSpeak3 – it just won’t work.

I have only used TeamSpeak 3 times and 2 of them the mic has worked perfectly but the third and last time it just will not work.

Here is a list of my attempts to fix the problem:

• Gone carefully though the setup Wizard (twice with installation and set up video).
    • Mic appears to work when testing the voice and have altered the settings (now set to 0 (zero)).
    • Carefully gone though the settings and options.
    • Twice uninstalled and re-installed TeamSpeak.
    • Used other programs to test the mic - all sucessful (programs where switched off after testing)
    • Switch to the laptop built-in mic - same problem.
    • Went to other public channels - same result.
    • Installed updates.
    • Restarted my laptop countless times.
    • Looked on the forum for solutions but had no luck.

I have done all these and still the problem remains the same, what really baffles me is that the mics works perfectly in the test but wont in the channels.

Please can someone help because this is driving me mad and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

p.s. This is all on Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit Operating System and the recording device is a Realtek High Definition Audio.
    Last edited by Dizzyix; October 31st, 2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Add laptop specs

Go into control panel (Sound)and make sure the mic is active and not muted. TC

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
    Go into control panel (Sound)and make sure the mic is active and not muted. TC
    Ok can add this to the list - but still having the same problem. From what I can tell I personally don't think the mics or laptop sound settings are the problem.

Though I could be wrong

Can you post screen shots of your TS capture settings? What capture mode/device do you have selected? What version of the client are you using?

I think you just have this problem, when local test mode works fine for you.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....8&postcount=28

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Can you post screen shots of your TS capture settings? What capture mode/device do you have selected? What version of the client are you using?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/DizzyVix/TS.jpg

Try changing the capture mode to something other than automatic. Do you have any other devices in that list besides the realtek one selected?

Thread Information