Forum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Changing the default port

So I have this ts3 server running, I only have the ports 1400-1420 open on it so I need my teamspeak server to be running on one of them. I searched for a answer and I believe it is to login into the server query, and change the port. But since im not able to connect to my ts3 server im not able to do that so im out of ideas... :C

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dante696; October 29th, 2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: merged

Use server query. Read docs and stickies.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Use server query. Read docs and stickies.
    Read the thread again please...

Read docs. One of them tells you how to change query port.

Read docs. One of them tells you how to change query port.

I cant find it, it must be in the serverquery pdf file right? Cant find it there :C

Quickstart.

Quickstart.
    hmm i have read the quickstart but I cant find it, maybe im blind or something....

things that ive seen though is "first default port can be changed by specifying the “default_voice_port=<port>” commandline
    parameter."

I tried "default_query_port=1415 restarted the server but it doesnt work, I cant connect Is there something ive missed?

The default voice port setting will only take effect when a new server is created. As you have started that server before, it has already been created previously.
    If you have not made any changes to the TeamSpeak 3 Server at all so far, the fastest way would probably be to simply delete the database and restart the server with the default_voice_port parameter. Otherwise, you can change the default query port to a port of your liking. Then please use any telnet client (such as Putty) to connect to the Server Query interface on the port you have just entered and execute the following commands:

login serveradmin PASSWORD
    use port=VOICE_PORT_OF_YOUR_SERVER (should be 9987 if unchanged)
    serveredit virtualserver_port=NEW_VOICE_PORT
    quit

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias B View Post
    The default voice port setting will only take effect when a new server is created. As you have started that server before, it has already been created previously.
    If you have not made any changes to the TeamSpeak 3 Server at all so far, the fastest way would probably be to simply delete the database and restart the server with the default_voice_port parameter. Otherwise, you can change the default query port to a port of your liking. Then please use any telnet client (such as Putty) to connect to the Server Query interface on the port you have just entered and execute the following commands:

login serveradmin PASSWORD
    use port=VOICE_PORT_OF_YOUR_SERVER (should be 9987 if unchanged)
    serveredit virtualserver_port=NEW_VOICE_PORT
    quit
    Should I reinstall my vps? Should I use the "default_query_port=1415" command before creating my ts3server.ini file? Should it work then? need it to be between 1401-1420 since my other ports are blocked so I need to change the voice port aswell which I will be doing through query if I get it to work...

You do not need to reinstall anything. I merely suggested that you could delete the database of your TeamSpeak 3 server (ts3server.sqlitedb unless using MySQL/MariaDB) if you have not even been able to connect to it.
    This way when you start up your TeamSpeak once more, a new database will be created and therefore a new virtual server. This one would be bound to the port you want, if you are using the default_voice_port parameter.
    You can also follow the Server Query instructions I posted above to change the port without losing any data.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias B View Post
    You do not need to reinstall anything. I merely suggested that you could delete the database of your TeamSpeak 3 server (ts3server.sqlitedb unless using MySQL/MariaDB) if you have not even been able to connect to it.
    This way when you start up your TeamSpeak once more, a new database will be created and therefore a new virtual server. This one would be bound to the port you want, if you are using the default_voice_port parameter.
    You can also follow the Server Query instructions I posted above to change the port without losing any data.
    Whoops... xD I did not tell the ts3 server to "read" the ts3server.ini file, i just used the ./ts3server_startscript.sh start BUT i needed to use this ./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=/home/ts3server/teamspeak3-server/ts3server.ini to make it read the config. It's listening to the port, but I cant connect, ive contacted my host to see if there is any firewall or such blocking my connection waiting for an answer atm

Special thanks to Phibs who helped me over the IRC!

Also, note that if you are attempting to change the file transfer or query ports you also must define the file transfer or query IP to listen on, unless that was changed in recent server builds. You can use 0.0.0.0 when defining the listening IP and it will listen on all IPs then.

command line parameter are ignored

Hello,

I've the issue that the command line parameters are ignored.

Two command lines I tried use:
    • ts3server_win64.exe inifile=ts3server.ini
    • ts3server_win64.exe default_voice_port=9999

For example 1 the inifile is not processed and for 2 the port is not set to 9999.

What is wrong there?
    Thanks for help.

TS3 Server Version: 3.0.11.1

Can you post the logfile of the instance please!?

logs/last_date_time_0.log

best regards TS-Coach

How do you know that the default port wasn't changed to 9999? Did you create a NEW virtual server to check it? Because changing the default voice port DOES NOT effect existing virtual servers.

Thread Information