Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1990 View Post
    The filetransferport can be specified by passing arguments to the startscript/server binary or by creating a ts3server.ini and adding the filetransferport option.
    See doc/ for ts3server.ini documentation
    You mean the i have to make a ts3server.ini in the main folder of my teamspeak3 server and after that add the options in it . Right?

Yes, exactly. But in order to make the server read the ini file you need to pass
    Code:
    inifile=ts3server.ini
    as arguments (via startscript or similar) to the server.

Are you running 5 copies of TeamSpeak Server or are you running 1 copy and within that Copy are 5 Virtual TS3 Servers running? (Post output of ps aux | grep ts3server if you are unsure)

Quote Originally Posted by afsarie View Post
    Hello . I Run 5 teamspeak3 server on my virtual server and after that the voice ports set as 9987 - 9988 -9989 Etc..
    But the problem is the port of file transfer because for all these 5 servers use the port 30033 and one of them just can work well and the others can't file transfer and i want to know how to change the port of the other teamspeak servers from 30033 to another port ??
    HELP PLS
    Just in case if you aren't aware of this, I'm sure if you are running 5 TS3 servers (aka running ts3_server executable 5 times), then you are violating the agreement. You should constraint to use one TS3 server with 5 virtual servers (with NPL license)

Quote Originally Posted by willy_sunny View Post
    Just in case if you aren't aware of this, I'm sure if you are running 5 TS3 servers (aka running ts3_server executable 5 times), then you are violating the agreement. You should constraint to use one TS3 server with 5 virtual servers (with NPL license)
    Unless the wording of the NPL has changed the number of server instances did not matter as long as the total number of virtual server is 10 or less. But if he has no NPL, then it is a violation.

i don't have NPL license and i want to run with 32 slot and 1 teamspeak server not 5 . those 5 ts3 servers that i started was for testing . but now that i run my ts3 server it's voice port is 9988 and the filetransfer 30033 but i want to change the file transfer port to another port . pls explain me easier . if you can pls give me a video of this learning that how to change the port of teamspeak. tnx

The server_quickstart.txt explains everything you need to now at the beginnign about your server.
    It also delievers detailed informations about the port setup/change.
    (6) Commandline Parameters < search for this.

Please read it first.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1990 View Post
    Yes, exactly. But in order to make the server read the ini file you need to pass
    Code:
    inifile=ts3server.ini
    as arguments (via startscript or similar) to the server.
    in the ts3server.ini i have to type what to change the port of filetransfer ? and the code that you gave me (inifile=ts3server.ini) i put it where ?

I repeat this is a command line paramter, please read the document or use google it will tell you how to use them on your operation system.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I repeat this is a command line paramter, please read the document or use google it will tell you how to use them on your operation system.
    i read the quickstart.txt but i didn't learn how to change the port of that . and the main thing i want to know is what i have to type in the ts3server.ini and i must put this code ( inifile=ts3server.ini ) where ?!

http://support.novell.com/techcenter...2002040101.gif
    This is a command line paramter on windows. This is the reason, why i said please use goolge if you do not know what a command line paramter is.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Teamspeak3-Server\ts3server_win32.exe" inifile=ts3server.ini
    In my example.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    http://support.novell.com/techcenter...2002040101.gif
    This is a command line paramter on windows. This is the reason, why i said please use goolge if you do not know what a command line paramter is.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Teamspeak3-Server\ts3server_win32.exe" inifile=ts3server.ini
    In my example.
    Oh tnx man nice helping . and one the other thing that i want to know is what i must type in the .ini file ?
    my mean is what are the orders to type in ts3server.ini file ?

You can use everything from the server_quickstart.txt under (6) Commandline Parameters

or start the server once with the paramater "createinifile=1" > this creates and fills the server.ini with details
    now edit your details and then start the server with "inifile=ts3server.ini"

Tnx of ALL Specially dante696 . Very Usable Helps You gave me . tnx all :X:X:X

Thanks, But there is a simplerway to change the port

Quote Originally Posted by xfirefoxx View Post
    Hello, im trying to change the default port on my server (9987) to 9988, But teamspeak 3 wont let me =(

I've tried the command line to change the port, C:\Teamspeak\ts3server_win32.exe default_voice_port=9988 and restarted the server, but still doesn't work

i've even done the ts3server_win32.exe createinifile=1 and changed the port on there, saved...exited and restarted the server, still connecting on same port, ive check the ts3 info via query and it still shows using port 9987.

...I will even allow somone to connect to my server where the teamspeak server is being hosted at (under my supervision of course, and using Teamviewer)
    in the bookmark tab when you create/manage bookmarks, you can add more/less information where you can change the default port settings.

Thread Information