Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Channel Group Ignore Password Unusable

Can someone tell me why I can't set the "Channel Ignore Password" rights in the Channel/Client Permissions ?
    What speaks against that ? I really dont understand that. In any other setting I can check / uncheck it but in Channel/Client Permissions I can only give it a GRANT permission with a value. Why is that ?
    Would make things so easy.

Well, since I couldn't do it like that I managed to do it differently. Though sucks when it concerns a lot of channels and a lot of users. But I suppose its better than nothing.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 26th, 2011 at 09:44 AM.

This is a Server Permission, not a Channel Permission

Some versions earlier this was "fixed", you can set this only for servergroups and clients.
    Use Forum Search for more information.

Wink

Why "fixed" since it wouldn't hurt to also have as a Channel permission ?

This permission does not work, while the client isn't in that channel.
    Please use the search function

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=53450

As far as I can experience.
    I can only assign this permission for Server_Groups or Client_Permissions, with effects on all channels.
    I can not be activated in Channel_Permissions, Channel_Groups or Channel_Client_Permissions. Although the client is in the Canal.
    Maybe is a bug ?

Server_beta28pre Client_beta27

Let me repeat!
    This is a wanted behavior. The permission does not work, until the client is int he channel or has it as a global permission, else the client will get kicked for spamming with worng password. The current permission check does not offer such a function.

Wink

Anyways I figured out how to do it with Channel Groups. Don't like it, but it works. So wth...

Channel Group Ignore Password Unusable

I have tried giving my channel groups the ability to ignore the password on a channel they are apart of. Unfortunately I keep getting error id 1538 in server query and the option is unelectable in the client permission editor. Is it me or is that option disabled? If so why?

The server is running 3.0.0-beta29 [Build: 12473] on Linux.

Hello

If I understand, you try to move in a channel by query command.

What is the complete error message.

This is about ignore_password - permission used on Channel-groups.

Please use "Search-Function", or read this, and use "Search-Function" after reading, if something is not described, in a way, you understand.

I did do a search. Yet if I recall correctly my search only turned up one thread. It wasn't this one and I wanted to head to bed as I had spent the better part of 6+ hours working on the TS server.

I did notice that as soon as a user is not in a channel that user can no longer affect that channel. Kind of makes it a pain I think. Honestly I think it's a bout of lazziness on the dev's part in the permission's system. They fixed one problem and created an entirely new one. Now, I understand that there might be limitations to how the entire permissions systems work, but... it was like they threw a patch on it and were going to ignore it.

Honestly, It makes no sense to me that you have to physically be in a channel you are channel admin to to affect that channel.

Let's say Bob is in the lobby chatting up a storm with Sue about classes and what exactly they are in a programming language.

You have billy verbally abusing poor Lauren down in the Modern Warfare 2 channel.

Now, normally by good admin practice you would go down into the MW2 channel and see what is up, but for the sake of this argument Billy is so close to getting Sue to understand what a class is he doesn't want to leave the lobby to deal with our mean user billy. Normally he could just kick billy out of the channel, or maybe make the channel moderated and ensure he doesn't have voice because he is an admin down there in the Modern Warfare 2 channel.

However, now he has to leave his enchanting conversation with Sue about classes to deal with the noob and could quite possibly loose another women to the business or communication sector all because he wasn't able to pay attention to sue the entire time.

So the absolutely irrelevant point to this entire thing is not checking channel flags against channels you go to work on because you are in a different channel kills puppies. And lots of them.

I hope you know you are puppy killers D:

But back to the original topic about not being able to ignore passwords in a channel you are channel admin in. I want them to only have this behavior in the channel they are channel admin of, not in a server group. Why I was trying to assign that permission to the channel group.

People always ask me why I have such a love/hate relationship with TeamSpeak 3 and the answer is simple. I'm drowning in a wave of functionality that doesn't exist. TeamSpeak 3 has a really advanced permissions system. But the fact is it fails to approach the granularity most advanced users need.

Now, is this little hiccup going to stop me from using TS3? No. But I'd love to see more finegrained tuning abilities in the permission system. Otherwise why have such an enormous complex system when you still can't even achieve what you want?

Do you not understand the difference between a server group and a channel group If you are in the Channel Admin channel group you are only Channel Admin while in that specific channel. Once you leave that channel you are no longer channel admin.

The devs removed the ability to use b_channel_join_ignore_password in a channel group since you are not in a channel group for that channel until you join the channel. That means that you'd still need the password to enter the channel to get the ability to ignore that password.

So in your situation you either need to create a server group to perform the functions you need (i.e. the server admin server group) or you need to grant individual clients the permissions they need at the value you want to grant.

FYI, when someone says use the search function the best place to do it is here in the forums and not on Yahoo or Google.

And I did use the search function here on vBulletin. Like I said, it was 8 in the morning and I was tired. I didn't feel like refining my search for a thread that may or may not exist.

And I'm not confused between channel groups and server groups. What I think you are confusing is what I want. Just because Bob is a channel admin in Modern Warfare 2, doesn't mean he can do channel admin things inside of the lobby. He can only do channel admin action inside of Modern Warfare 2. But I want him to be able to do so, REMOTELY.

Understand that keyword there. Remotely. Just because I'm not at the physical server in Dallas doesn't mean I can't work on it from here in Denver. It's like saying I shouldn't be able to work on the server in Dallas cause I'm not at the physical console. And that is exactly what is happening here. Bob is required to be inside the channel he is channel admin of to do channel admin things to that channel, when he should be able to do channel admin things to that channel from wherever he is, in the server.

Have I clarified my point?

Then you need to grant him a server group or a client permission. the channel group permission only works if he's in that channel.

Thread Information