Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-beta36 Available

Hello everyone,

TeamSpeak 3 Client version 3.0.0-beta36 is now available. Among the usual fixes there are two that I want to specifically mention:
    - We fixed a bug that would lead to your voice activation no longer activating when you had any manual push to talk key-binds added.
    - We also fixed a bug that was introduced with beta35: The setup wizards push to talk setup key was added incorrectly.

For the full list of changes see here:
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.0-beta36 08 Nov 2010
    + Added Shift-Backspace keyboard shortcut to focus the channeltree for easier
      screenreader usage. Adjusted spoken accessible names in the mainwindow and 
      further improved tab focus behaviour.                                      
    + Activate, Deactivate and Toggle PTT hotkeys have been moved to category    
      Microphone and renamed to "Local Mic Mute" which is now more meanigful     
    - Fixed whisper reply hotkey which was mixed up when assigned via whisper list
      dialog.                                                                     
    - Fixed missing window title of setup wizard on Linux                         
    - Restored previous chat line input focus behaviour if selecting clients or   
      channels in the tree or a chat tab using the mouse. If using keyboard       
      navigation, the chat input is not focused to avoid interfering with         
      accessibility support.                                                      
    - Fixed possible crash when permission window was automatically closed on     
      server shutdown but dialogs or contextmenus were still open.                
    - Fixed a bug where VAD cannot be used when Toggle PTT was manually added     
    - Fixed "Toggle Speaker Mute" und "Toggle Microphone Mute" in setup wizard    
    - Fixed hotkeys configured in setup wizard not being set properly             
    - Fixed assertion when adding Hotkey-/Capture- or Playback Profile hotkey     
    - Adjusted input validator of permissions tree                                
    - Channel commander action can now be added to toolbar                        
    - Sort ID now considered for server groups order in permissions overview.     
    - Fixed iconpath when IconPack entry is missing in the config file.           
    - Overhauled volumecontrol plugin.                                            
    - Fixed chat logging when multiple servertabs are trying to log into the      
      same logfile.                                                               
    - When forcing to start a second client with "-nosingleinstance", the second  
      instance will log chats to avoid having multiple clients write to the same  
      file producing invalid HTML.

Thank's Peter.

Can you give us a bit more explanation about that :
    Added Shift-Backspace keyboard shortcut to focus the channeltree for easier
    screenreader usage. Adjusted spoken accessible names in the mainwindow and
    further improved tab focus behaviour.
    I tried yesterday, but nothing. Or I don't understand.

Just a note: I updated just now and when I clicked START TEAMSPEAK it opened the program and attempted to connect to my server. I got connection lost twice in a row and then it connected. Not sure if there is something going on or if it was just my system.

Great job as always!

Work fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    - We also fixed a bug that was introduced with beta35: The setup wizards push to talk setup key was added incorrectly.
    great news

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    - Restored previous chat line input focus behaviour if selecting clients or
    channels in the tree or a chat tab using the mouse. If using keyboard
    navigation, the chat input is not focused to avoid interfering with
    accessibility support.
    NICE!! Good work, now chattings is much easier

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Can you give us a bit more explanation about that :
    I tried yesterday, but nothing. Or I don't understand.
    Regarding the Shift-Backspace shortcut: This is meant to allow changing the keyboard input focus quickly to the channels widget. The shortcut works fine for me with the latest released client.
    Probably this feature is not very interesting for the standard user, but possibly helpful for visually impaired people using a screenreader. There has been some feedback recently by people using TS3 with screenreaders, so we implemented some feature requests with the latest two versions for them. For the standard user who is controlling TS3 with a mouse the changes should not be noticable.

A comment about selecing shift-backspace: Thought was to match the recently added shift-return shortcut to focus the chat widget. However, hitting shift-backspace accidently when typing text might be a problem, so the idea was to change this to alt-backspace instead.

Thumbs up

Thank's PeterS,

Good thinking and great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    However, hitting shift-backspace accidently when typing text might be a problem, so the idea was to change this to alt-backspace instead.
    I agree, several times while typing I've hit backspace while holding shift and been messed up by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I agree, several times while typing I've hit backspace while holding shift and been messed up by that.
    Sorry if I am bringing this thread up a few weeks after it was last posted in, but I have to say there should be at least an option to change or disable this behavior. I dislike this because if I am typing and accidentally type a wrong character or symbol that requires the shift button to be held then if I forget to let go and type the backspace key to remove it, it messes my chat up.

Like I said, maybe just an option to enable + disable this behavior would be ideal, or an option to change the key combination that causes this behavior.

Thanks,

Chris

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by cembry90 View Post
    Sorry if I am bringing this thread up a few weeks after it was last posted in, but I have to say there should be at least an option to change or disable this behavior. I dislike this because if I am typing and accidentally type a wrong character or symbol that requires the shift button to be held then if I forget to let go and type the backspace key to remove it, it messes my chat up.

Like I said, maybe just an option to enable + disable this behavior would be ideal, or an option to change the key combination that causes this behavior.

Thanks,

Chris
    I do this all of the time...please fix :-)

Thread Information