Forum

Exclamation Trouble with people connecting to my TS3 server

First of all I have watched/read every tutorial I can find about this. I thought the initial problem was either using the wrong IP address for my guildies to log on with or improper forwarding of ports. I have checked the ports (portforward.com) they are open. I have tried using any and every IP associated with my pc that I know of. When I installed the TS3 Server I did not get the command prompt window. When I click the TS3server icon on my taskbar I get only the "About" and "Exit" options. If there is any information you require to help me let me know, I will screen cap everything and post. Please help.

Hello

Since beta 26, you must use a start parameter to open a console when your start your server :

Quote Originally Posted by changelog
    + windows uses now a trayicon, use commandline parameter "open_win_console=1"
    if you want to open an console window
    What is your exact problem ?
    Have you an error or information message in your server log ?

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    What is your exact problem ?
    Have you an error or information message in your server log ?
    Okay so far here is the status of my server

virtualserver_id=1 virtualserver_port=9987 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=0 virtualserver_maxclients=32 virtualserver_uptime=1295 virtualserver_name=TeamSpeak\s]I[\sServer virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id
    error id=0 msg=ok

basically I can connect to my server either via the localhost address or my lan ip. When somebody outside my network tries to log on they just get an
    failure to connect to server error.

my log states
    11/20/2010 12:19:49 AM VirtualServer Info listening on 0.0.0.0:9987
    11/20/2010 12:19:49 AM VirtualServer Info client 'server'(id:0) added privilege key for servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    11/20/2010 12:19:49 AM VirtualServer Warning --------------------------------------------------------
    11/20/2010 12:19:49 AM VirtualServer Warning ServerAdmin privilege key created, please use the line below
    11/20/2010 12:19:49 AM VirtualServer Warning token=(redacted)
    11/20/2010 12:19:49 AM VirtualServer Warning --------------------------------------------------------
    11/20/2010 12:20:47 AM VirtualServer Info client (id:2) was added to servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6) by client 'server'(id:0)
    11/20/2010 12:20:47 AM VirtualServer Info client 'serveradmin'(id:2) used privilege key (redacted) and was added to servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    11/20/2010 12:48:33 AM VirtualServer Info client 'serveradmin'(id:2) was added to channelgroup 'Channel Admin'(id:5) by client 'serveradmin'(id:2)

this was copied after a member tried to log on. I see nothing indicating the server even recognized the login attempt.

Hope this helps.

Still having problems with other people logging on to my server. I've found information about starting the server using the cmd prompt. I've been doing that. Created the .ini file. Changed the IP addresses in the .ini, still no dice. Was looking at my logs. Basically no change. But the portion that
    my log states

VirtualServer Info listening on 0.0.0.0:9987

This is all I can think would be the problem. I thought editing the .ini file would change this but it did not. Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks for any help.

Have you verified that you have forwarded the ports correctly?

What ISP are you using?

If you are having issues with unwanted visitors you should put a password on your server

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdresa View Post
    Have you verified that you have forwarded the ports correctly?

What ISP are you using?
    Yeah I forwarded the ports and checked them at portforward.com My service provider is midcontinent communications. Not sure how wide spread they are, Think it's mostly the Dakotas and Wyoming that their service.

Thread Information