Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up [AVAILABLE] TS3 server statistic for Apple iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch).

!!! SINCE 22.04.2012: App is now worldwide available again in Apple's App-Store for free !!!

6. January 2011: App-Version 1.2 was released!
    15. March 2011: App-Version 1.2.5 was released!
    24. March2011: App-Version 1.2.8 was released! (Intermediate version, changes for iPhone version)
    03. Mai 2011: App-Version 1.2.9 was released.

More than 57,000 downloads since the start of the project, without advertising... Great!

This is an universal iOS-App and available now in the iOS App-Store (iPad,iPhone,iPod touch): TS3 server statistic (for free).

Important! This app is only for server admins! If You've set up your own TS3 server, only then you can use it! The TS3-Server statistic App (later a complete server admin tool/panel) for iOS devices is now available in the App-Store.

You can download this App from the app-store, user the following search words: TS3, Teamspeak, Statistic

Here is the link to the App via iTunes (direct): itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ts3-s...405289962?mt=8
    ...or directly via http-Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ts3-s...9962?mt=8&ls=1

Now as a universal iOS App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch available (version 1.2.5, Date 15.03.2011).

Next planned extensions/features (up to v1.3):

- vserver channel viewer
    - rights management

Reports of errors and suggestions to additional features are welcome! Just send an email to: rvogt1964 (at) googlemail (dot) com! Thanks a lot in advance.
    Last edited by MacBlaster; April 22nd, 2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Available v1.2.9 now in Appstore (for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch)

sound great! Im looking forward to have a glance

It better

Ok this is a very good idea, but I hope you are also able to talk to te people in the channel or sumthing like that. If it doesn't I might rage, ok I mean talking by able to send them a group IM or private chat, or poke them and small message. I really hope it does cos then I can go on to ts and talk to my friends without being at a computer

Quote Originally Posted by mawby8 View Post
    Ok this is a very good idea, but I hope you are also able to talk to te people in the channel or sumthing like that
    Perhaps at a later time. The reason is also, the actually TS3-Lib doesn't support these kind of devices. And consider it will be a private project, a project without any financial support. To much work to spend all my available free time for this project only.

So i want to develope this App step by step, and will have a look what will be the next available functionality. Any kind of Suggestions are always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by MacBlaster View Post
    And consider it will be a private project, a project without any financial support.
    Is that not an ad in the bottom of your app window? Would that not be a form of financial support in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Is that not an ad in the bottom of your app window? Would that not be a form of financial support in the long run?
    Yes of course - a few millions of dollars in a week i hope - ...no, not really. I guess it will be sufficient for the yearly annual costs of the appstore. What a Joker! It will be disproportionate to the effort!
    Last edited by MacBlaster; December 6th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.

State for the iPad App (Waiting for Review...)

Hi all,

current State of the iPad-App (TS3Statistics): AVAILABLE NOW (Free)

You can download it from the app-store with the search words:

TS3, Teamspeak, Statistic, Viewer, Status, Query...

or directly via iTunes: itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ts3-s...405289962?mt=8

Implementation for iPhone/iPod Touch are in DEV. Updates will be available as soon as possible.
    Last edited by MacBlaster; December 11th, 2010 at 09:40 AM.

iPhone / iPod App version of TS3Statisics will quickly be ready...

It will be done as soon as possible...

The iPhone / iPod App version of TS3Statisics will quickly be ready in the next few days...

Have a look at the following screenshots of the iPhone/iPod version:
    Last edited by MacBlaster; December 13th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.

just downloaded that app and i dont get it to work correctly

- i enter the server ip, password, port
    - i press query informations (the circle starts to animate)
    - i dont see anything updated?

- i press get version, it does display the infos (server connection = off)
    - if i press get hostinfo or get vserverlist the app does crash

since i live at end of world and i dont use wlan, i got gprs for the ipad... maybe thats the issue? since ip, port, pass is correct...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    ...since i live at end of world and i dont use wlan, i got gprs for the ipad...just downloaded that app and i dont get it to work correctly
    Yes you are right,

there is a problem with the fixed timeout of the communication routines, they do not wait long enough for establishing a slow connection to the internet using G3. I've only checked it with wifi/wlan, not with an G3 connection related to a bad signal (i don't use G3 myself with iPad).

With a wlan/wifi connection there is no problem while the internet connection "is" established and ready to use (also fast enough).

I went down into the cellar with my iPhone (...with the new TS3-Statistics version for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch) and test it with gprs G3. And right, using in a G3 mode with a slow connection, the time passes until the internet connection is completely available is really too long. After 2 to 3 connection attempts, the query was possible. Also important was the increase of the waiting time for data to be received.

Would it be possible that you could test an unofficial version of TS3-Statistics in respect of communication before it is published? For further agreements please send an eMail to me.

I will try to consider this problem in a future update. Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by MacBlaster; December 15th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.

New Version!

TS3 Statistics Update for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch was published!

Important for the further development and debugging:

I'm still looking for testers for this app (preferably German speaking, english also ok) - Interested? If so please send an email to: rvogt1964 (at) googlemail (dot) com. Thank you very much in advance for your help...
    Last edited by MacBlaster; December 21st, 2010 at 12:48 PM.

a few things to note about the app that aren't explained anywhere as far as I can tell:

- the password is the Server Query Admin Account password (which is created when you first start the server). It is NOT the password that users use to access your server

- the port should (almost always) be 10011. It is NOT the port that you set for users to connect to your server.

Now for some criticism of the app. The following are some really simple things that should be done to improve the app (note I'm using an ipod touch, so I have no clue if it works differently on an ipad):

- It's fairly annoying that you don't hide the spinners when it's not actively doing anything. It makes it look like the app is frozen when really it's just not doing anything (this is as simple as adding another method call whenever you call the start/stop animation method).

- Make it _always_ get the software version and build number etc when connecting. There's no reason not to get it if you're going to have it always shown on that page.

- Cache the server info so it doesn't blank out when you switch tabs. Sure you can free up the apple UI objects, but keep the data.

Now for some other things that the app really should have done differently:

- don't use Alerts when it fails to connect (Alerts are one of the most overused thing in the apple API). For example, I dare you to just open up your app without any internet connection and tap around. It's freaking ANNOYING. Instead use more subtle ui queues that it's not connected. For example, have a status icon viewable next to each of your "refresh" buttons. A simple red/green icon would be perfect.

- get rid of the Server info tab completely. It's useless. Unless you plan on allowing user interaction (besides just updating the stats from the server) it's just plain dumb. Instead add an (i) icon on the settings/connection tab and use a flip transition to jump between these stats and the login info

- Make the app more consistent. It's quite a pain to see spinners in random places on each page. iOS has a status bar for a reason (you know that bar that shows battery life and your current network connection). You should use a single spinner on the status bar (which you can access through the api) instead of placing spinners all throughout the app.

-Another part of consistency is not having different text and placement for buttons on each tab that essentially do the same thing. The "Check" "Get hostinfo" and "Get vserver list" buttons should be made the same, both in placement and in visual style. Making a consistent interface makes it much easier for new users to understand what everything does. In these 3 example buttons that I just mentioned, the placement is different for each. One is on the left, one is center, and one is on the right (each on a different tab) I would recommend using an icon instead (just look at some web browsers for ideas of what a refresh button looks like) or at the very list for the meantime just have the text all the same, "Refresh", and choose a single place where this will be for each tab (for example, have them all on the top right).

I realize that the app is not done, and in fact probably less than 10% of the features that you intend to implement are in the app. However, I hope that you clean up the interface and think hard about making a consistent UI so that when you do implement features they are easily added and fit nicely and intuitively. An app with a billion features is useless if the interface is inconsistent and makes you do something completely different for each. Also I hope you do some actual research about what server info admins and operators are actually interested in. Just showing tables of data returned from the server is nice, but not very helpful. For example, find more visual ways to represent data without just using tables with text. For showing how full a server is you can use a progress-bar like object and text showing X/Y rather than using separate Clients: X and Max: Y.

Finally I just want to add that the point of this post is helpful criticism. I'm not trying to say "YOUR APP SUCKS!" I'm a developer myself and I know how difficult it is to make good apps. What you have so far isn't that bad, it just seems to lack an overall vision and unified simple design.

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by berler View Post
    Finally I just want to add that the point of this post is helpful criticism. I'm not trying to say "YOUR APP SUCKS!"
    that's no problem... Thank you first for all your suggestions.

It is true that the app still does not look like as the app could looks like. The currently available version is only a small part of functionality which is to come. The communication routines are not yet really finished. Also, I wanted the "surface" concentration only when the most important parts of the functions are completed. In the version that came out the day (2nd version), I had only set the implementation of all functions on the iPhone.

It is better to integrate a little "Help Site" so that there are no misunderstandings about the login requirements. Regarding the login data, I thought that the words "Super Admin" are sufficiently descriptive. Thought this would be sufficient. Later, the app will be an admin panel, which then results in a very different view.

To briefly get the messages regarding the Internet connection, the first version of my app for the App Store was "rejected" because the warnings did not come - and after it was checked again. I suspect that here the conditions of the App Store were not met.

All in all - there is still much to learn for me. The only problem from my side is, I can not spend as much time for this app as I like.

But your suggestions and arguments to the app (design and functionality) are very interesting for me.

Language

why is the website german?
    may i can help translate it or so
    but like there is a iOS app
    ty floris

Quote Originally Posted by floris1502 View Post
    why is the website german?
    I want to spend the rest of my daily free time to perfect the app,
    so i thought that the website would not be so important.

If you want to translate the web page - no problem. Every little help is welcome...

Thread Information