Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

File Transfers 'open folder' can get broken

Summary
    Sometimes after downloading a file and you go to open the folder it is in, the program takes you to the wrong folder that it is actually in.

This can cause problems with people who pick different download spots and don't clear the file transfer

Steps
    1. Set download location to say a folder called C:\Users\Keith\Downloads
    2. Download a file
    3. Change download location to a folder that will appear higher in the file transfer then before. Lets say C:\Users\Keith\AppData
    4. Right click on either file downloaded in the file transfer and hit 'open folder'

the folder that is open is incorrect even though it downloads to the correct folder.

Additional information
    win7 32

Also please note that this seems to happen only when a file transfer occurs in a folder that is closer to the top in the alphabet then previous. I can not get it to reproduce if it just goes underneath.

Clearing the file transfers list will immediately fix the problem with a fresh download.

It looks to me that the filetransfer associates the download location by slots. Starting from the top you have slot 1, 2, 3 and so forth. Slot 1-3 is desktop but if you download a file to a different location for slot 4 then slot 4 becomes the new location. However, if that file is alphabetically higher, it'll take over slot 1. But right clicking and opening the folder from the NEW slot 1 takes you to the original slot 1s location.
    Last edited by ZeroTKA; November 23rd, 2010 at 07:07 PM.

Can you reproduce it with latest alpha client (Build 13078)?
    Me and MuhChy can't. When i upload a file and open folder on that file, it shows me the location of my local file. When i download a file or diractory, it shows me the location, where it was downloaded into.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes i can; perhaps i didn't explain it well enough. I will give this another go and be super thorough.

Prep work
    1. Create two folders on your desktop. One called A and one called B
    2. Set your download location to the folder called B. It says something like
    Code:
    C:/Users/Keith/Desktop/B
    3. Make sure that nothing is already in your File Transfers window. If there is, hit clean up.

The Bug
    4. Download a file
    4a. In the file transfers window there should only be one thing. It should say something like
    Code:
    "C:/Users/Keith/Desktop/B/test.txt" - finished in 2 seconds (average 1 bytes/s)
    5. Now change the download location to the Folder A
    Code:
    C:/Users/Keith/Desktop/A
    6. Download the file.
    7. You now have 2 items in your File Transfers window. Mine are in alphabetical order and looks like this.
    Code:
    "C:/Users/Keith/Desktop/A/test.txt" - finished in 2 seconds (average 1 bytes/s)
    Code:
    "C:/Users/Keith/Desktop/B/test.txt" - finished in 2 seconds (average 1 bytes/s)
    When i right click the top one and hit Open folder it will take me to folder B. This is because it was the first file i downloaded even though it says it went to A.

If i go to the second one and hit open folder, it takes me to A even though it says i downloaded to B.

Additional Notes
    Now, here is where you can really see the bug. If you look at your file transfers window and hit description and have it arrange so that B is on top and A is on bottom (descending order), it is correct again because that's how i downloaded it. The top 1 will open to folder location B and the bottom will open to folder location A.

In reality, i DO have the test document in A and B. This is not the bug but rather the open folder locations get broken.

Just to top it all off i have a picture to show you that will sum up everything.

Attachment 4341

Please note that in the picture whatever is on top goes to B, whatever is on bottom goes to A. If you had 3 download locations you can imagine how everything could get jumbled up. However, i doubt the majority of people don't actually change their download locations often, if any at all.

Thank you for your report, I wrote it down into our bugtracker.

Ticket: TS-287
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information