Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Windows7+TS3x64_beta30+MySQL+inifiles=error

Now, to start off, yes i've searched the forum, yes i've googled, but no, nothing seems to work, and i'm starting to look like Al Bundy from the series "Married with Children" after all these hours trying to figure out something soo simple as this.
    I say simple, because it should be simple, but i must be missing something here, since i haven't gotten it to work.

Alright, let's start off with the fact that i have 2 config files.

One is called ts3server.ini
    Code:
    machine_id=
    default_voice_port=9987
    voice_ip=0.0.0.0
    licensepath=
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=0.0.0.0
    query_port=10011
    query_ip=0.0.0.0
    query_ip_whitelist=query_ip_whitelist.txt
    dbplugin=ts3db_mysql
    dbpluginparameter=ts3db_mysql.ini
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    dbsqlcreatepath=create_mysql/
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=1
    And one called ts3db_mysql.ini
    Code:
    [config]
    host=localhost
    port=29000
    username=ts3
    password=**********
    database=ts3
    socket=MySQLd
    (Yes i have a blank line after database line)

(and i've tried with "host" as actual ip and using 127.0.0.1 as well)

Now, i've tried countless types of command line arguments trying to start this thing, and i'm starting to give up, because ...

My problem is, that no matter WHAT i do, and no matter how i STATE my configs, TS3 does not READ the "ts3db_mysql.ini" file. It tries time after time, to connect with root and no password, even tho i clearly stated that i want to use a password, and, i've given it that password. And it always tries to connect to port "3306".
    And, as you can see, "ts3server.ini" also contains the dbparamater thingy that points to the config file for the info about mysql.

Soo, let's also make it clear that there is nothing that is blocking it, i.e, no firewalls or nothing. And i'm not using notepad for stuff like this, i'm using ultraedit (a personal choice, but i do a lot of editing for python scripts and config files and such, anyway ...).

Time after time, i get the typical error, that it cannot connect to the database (this is when i've used a different port than the standard port 3306).
    Code:
    2010-11-27 11:40:34.921875|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta30 [Build: 12998], Windows
    2010-11-27 11:40:34.921875|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    MySQL plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2010-11-27 11:40:34.921875|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 1
    2010-11-27 11:40:35.937500|ERROR   |DatabaseQuery |   | mysql_real_connect() failed with error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)
    2010-11-27 11:40:35.937500|CRITICAL|ServerLibPriv |   | Server() DatabaseError
    And time after time, i get that it cannot login, because it's still trying to use root, and no password.
    Code:
    2010-11-27 08:45:28.960937|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta30 [Build: 12998], Windows
    2010-11-27 08:45:28.960937|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    MySQL plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2010-11-27 08:45:28.960937|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 1
    2010-11-27 08:45:28.976562|ERROR   |DatabaseQuery |   | mysql_real_connect() failed with error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    2010-11-27 08:45:28.976562|CRITICAL|ServerLibPriv |   | Server() DatabaseError
    Soo, what am i doing wrong here? Because i've read atleast 40 howto's and whatever, linux/windows, everything, and it still does not read the config files like it should.

Currently, i tried to just let it connect with standard port and see what it did (i set up root with no pw).
    What it did, is just to set up all the database tables and such (so far soo good), but, it does it using the default "test" database table/query or whatever you call it.
    Soo, still, the damned thing is not reading the config file and it's just doing it in a rubbish way.

Soo, i KNOW it's not an issue with the mysql server, because clearly, if i leave "root" with no password and used standard port "3306", it created everything and logged it and all that and started up with a big big smile.
    (this was ofcourse turning off named pipe on the mysql server since, ts3 uses "" / blank as "socket")

Soo, my problem, in a nutshell, it's going "default" on me, no matter what.

To note down some command line commands i've tried ...

Code:
    inifile=ts3db_mysql.ini
    Code:
    inifile=ts3server.ini
    Code:
    dbplugin=ts3db_mysql dbpluginparameter=ts3db_mysql.ini dbsqlpath=sql/
    (among VERY very many different command parameters i've tried)

I've also tried leaving "dbpluginparameter=" blank in "ts3server.ini" as some have suggested earlier, but ofcourse this does nothing, as whether i state that i want to use ts3db_mysql or not, the name remains the same on "default" values.

And soo forth, anyway, ALL the tutorials and howto's have stated that you always use 2 config files, and always start the server using "inifile=ts3server.ini" since THAT ini file points to the other ini file with the info about how/where and what to connect to when it comes to databases and mysql.

I'm currently using mysql 5.1.41 which comes with xamplite, before that i was using mysql 5.1.53 which comes with MySQL Community Server 5.1.53 x64.

Soo, anyone have a link i might've overlooked? Because i've been searching this forum for atleast 5 hours now and still, nothing that's mentioned previously in the threads that i've found, has worked.

Note:

I've also tried using just one config file.

ts3server.ini
    Code:
    machine_id=
    default_voice_port=9987
    voice_ip=0.0.0.0
    licensepath=
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=0.0.0.0
    query_port=10011
    query_ip=0.0.0.0
    dbplugin=ts3db_mysql
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=1
    host=localhost
    port=29000
    username=ts3
    password=********
    database=ts3
    socket=MySQL
    (both with and without a blank line at the end, AND both with and without "[config]" in it, both at the top, on the side, under, where the mysql stuff starts and .... down the street where my good friend lives ....)
    Last edited by BarryBlack; November 27th, 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Updated post

Hi, I can see that you put a lot of effort into searching and trying different things not to mention that you provided great detail about your setup which makes it considerably easier for us to recognize a problem.
    So first of all I'd like to say that you have earned my respect for creating an exemplary support request!

Now onto your problem :
    Your ts3server.ini looks correct as it was posted and the logs suggest that it is being read correctly as the server is trying to use a mysql database.
    Code:
    machine_id=
    default_voice_port=9987
    voice_ip=0.0.0.0
    licensepath=
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=0.0.0.0
    query_port=10011
    query_ip=0.0.0.0
    dbplugin=ts3db_mysql
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=1
    The dbpluginparameter= could of course be left blank if you are using the default filename for your mysql config file (ts3db_mysql.ini) but specifying this should have no adverse effects

Judging by the logs I'd say that the error definately lies in your ts3db_mysql.ini so I'll list a few possible errors i have come across :

First of all, the format of the file :

Code:
    [config]
    host=localhost
    port=29000
    username=ts3
    password=**********
    database=ts3
    socket=MySQLd
    should (in theory) be correct, as long as there is a supplemental line at the end of file.

What could possibly render a file of the above mentionned format invalid is :
    -> in some cases a password consisting of special characters (I have encountered problems using passwords containing "!" "/" or "\" for example although I didnt do extensive tests to verify this)
    I'd suggest trying your setup with an alphanumeric-only password first

-> maybe the socket-parameter could pose a problem, did you try your setup with password and username but without specifing this parameter?

-> the encoding of the file might cause the parser to not properly read out the parameters. (As for a linux server the encoding must be set to Unicode i suppose that for a Windows server it would have to be ANSI? Maybe try out both variants if nothing else works)

As for starting the server with an inifile, this should happen through the commandline :
    Code:
    inifile=ts3server.ini
    dont specify any other parameters as they will be redefined while reading the *.ini either way.

Good luck and please let us know if this worked

Lightbulb God damn you windows!

I changed the file format from utf8 to ansi and it worked like a charm, thank you man. I think i used a total of 14 hours yestorday just trying to get that to work, and i was extremely bummed out that i had to admit temporary defeat over such a small detail as this.

Thank you for the kind words, i only wanted to make the post as detailed as possible so that i wouldn't have to multipost with answers for "did you do this" "are you sure you did that" kind of thing.

I really did not think about character encoding for the file. I'm soo used to using utf8 for everything.

Well, since this did the trick, and i'm sure that there's others out there that's been wondering how to do this as well. I think i'll make a windows tutorial either later tonight or monday morning

Thank you again, you really made my day

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBlack View Post
    Thank you again, you really made my day
    That makes two of us then
    I was really impressed and happy that there are still people who put a real effort into writing a support request.

And of course you are welcome

Thanks alot

Thread Information