Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

problem using requestClientMove() with passworded channels

Just found that using this command with passworded channels is a problem. I expect a problem if you never entered the password for a given channel, but if you have manually entered a passworded channel, later while using the client interactively you don't need to enter the password again to reenter that channel as long as you have not closed your client, I don't have remember channel passwords set, or the password was changed.

Basically I can check if a channel is passworded, using getChannelVariableAsInt() with CHANNEL_FLAG_PASSWORD, but have found no reliable way of getting a password for a channel that the client appears to know the password for. I have tried using getChannelVariableAsString() with CHANNEL_PASSWORD, but that only worked on the first passworded channel I tested on a server, now every other passworded channel I test with it is still getting the password of the first channel, even after restarting client and computer. The client knows the password though because I've manually entered the channel and following attempts to return to the channel manually do not prompt be for the password before I enter.

The CHANNEL_PASSWORD channel variable is only used for setting or changing passwords, not reading.

The TS3 Client has an own password storage to remember previously interactivly entered channel passwords. If the option is enabled, this storage is saved to and restored from disk over client sessions. If not, the storage is empty when the client is restarted. This password storage is independant from the clientlib functions and not accessible from plugins. I am not sure if it would be a good idea to allow plugins to read those stored passwords.

I don't see the harm in allowing the plugin access to a stored password as it is only stored if the user already entered it or set it on the channel. Well, unless you have someone writing bad plugins that allow them to query channel passwords from other users. I have no intention of doing that, just want the Return to Last Channel plugin to support passworded channels.

Thread Information