Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved [solved] People get lower when speaking louder

Hello,

I've been using TeamSpeak 3 for only a couple of weeks now after using TS2 for years. On a server I recently started renting, I notice that when a person gets louder in any way (IE. laughing, a sudden shout, etc) they automatically start broadcasting significantly lower. As well, some times, other people are broadcasted lower. This remains until the person who was originally louder stops talking. The people I am on this server with all notice the same thing. We would like to know if there is a way to remove this effect.

This happens both in and out of games, with echo reduction on or off, and I have changed all the other playback settings I can just to get the same result.

Is this built into TS3 by default and if so, is there a way to remove it? Is it something on the playback side or something each person has to change in their capture settings? I've search on the forums as well as on FAQ, and have been unable to find an answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Kayle Rain; December 6th, 2010 at 06:08 AM.

Here is your problem, the Client probably has the Automatic Voice Gain Control on in Settings, Options, Capture, Advanced Options. Have them turn this off.

Liquid

I don't recommend to ever turn off automatic gain control. Make sure you don't have any priority speakers assigned in your channel, because they mess with the volume of other clients. It is to be expected that if you sneeze in your microphone you will be "tuned down" for the next couple of second until the automatic gain control has adapted back to your normal volume.

There aren't any priority speakers, but thank you for the suggestion, Peter.

I'll give the removal of automatic voice gain control a shot and post an update. Thanks, Liquid.

No problemo. I really don't see why there is a gain control when you can lower volume on people seperately, but can be a nice feature for idiots who come in with their mic's overpowered.

Indeed, I agree. And that worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your help, Liquid.

Glad I could help.

Liquid

Thread Information