Forum

Creating a channel

I am an admin on my ts3 and I am trying to creat a channel I grt this error how do I fix this. <17:10:54> insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_ min)

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    The values for this are 1-4. If the value is set to 75, you cannot create a channel because no such value exists... I suggest a value of 1. Hopefully, the developers will create this permission so that unreasonable values can't be set.

ok on which permission?

The only I can do in b_channel_create_semi_permanent is put a check mark under value

On the permission that was in the error message.

i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_ min

Thanks for the help.

Unhappy failed on i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_ min

I just found this thread, because I was searching for:
    failed on i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_ min

I have a similar problem except I run the TS3 server and I am the Admin but somehow I have locked myself out and cannot change anything to do with this, can someone advise me how to get back full Admin control because I can not create any new channels or sub channels, I also can not change the depth now, but earlier I could but this did not help, this seems to have happened since deleting 3 old channels, however it has ben some time since I created any channels so can't be sure on that.

note: I have moved my TS3 server from one computer to another computer could this be the cause of my problem? if so how to reset my server without losing all my main channels and user settings ?

Also I already tried re-importing my Admin user settings under Identities.

Best Regards, Michelle

When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks dante696

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It's been a long night for me trying to get this working, in the process of adding and removing privileges however I seem to have negated my ability to change the values now, how can I fix this now please ?

Now I get "insufficient permission modify power"
    as well, and no one can give me this power as my server only has a few members, none are experienced kind of like me ;p

Michelle

What server version do you use and have you updated it from an older version?
    You need the grant value behind the permission in the permision dialog. Else you won't be able to assign this permission.

Please search in our forum, "insufficient permission modify power" has also been answered many times before.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Hi dante696,
    I am using server version 3.0.0-beta30 [Build: 12998]
    at least this is what shows up in my client in the top most root of the list, I really want to get back the SuperAdmin privilages as well if possible because for quite a while now some features have been unavailable to me, the complexity of the new TS3 server has over whelmed me somewhat which is why I got lost and obviously I ended up breaking something in the process.

I will follow your instructions and seach "insufficient permission modify power"
    and see if that helps thanks

Michelle <3

You will need AdminQuery to add this grant value to your old group. You will need, to ask the hoster, if your server is rented.

Dear dante696,
    I host the server on my own server pc, and just remembered I had made a backup 2 months ago, of the server folder and files, I have just restored them HOWEVER it does appear that the problem with creating new channels in the root is still not working, although I can now create sub-channels now. Perhaps a bug? I get this error:
    <12:44:58> insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_min_depth)
    <12:45:05> insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_min_depth)
    Yet I did a search on my server using the filter and all entries for: i_channel_min_depth are set to 1
    I set my grant now to 75 but still now luck getting it to work. I have checked my own permissions I should have enough rights to make these changes but why it won't?
    so I am baffled ?

Michelle <3

The permission i_channel_min_depth set to 1 means, that you have to create a subchannel.
    You can create normal channels again, when this permission is set to 0 or not set.

Dear Dante696, thank you thank you fixed it for me <3 (hug)

Michelle

Thread Information