Forum

How to obtain a Offline License (Offline AAL)

What is this kind of license ?

This basically allows you to start your server in a manner which does not require Internet access. Is usefull for private network, business network, private LAN party. Every network without Internet Acces.

Why ?

When your server starting, he needs to contact weblist server or/and accounting server.

If you haven't Internet acces on your network for x reasons, the server process will increase up to nearly 98%.
    Because it sends too many requests per second (remember, weblist and accounting server).

To avoid this, you have the Offline License.

How to obtain ?

This license is based on AAL license.
    (Pricing of AAL license => http://sales.teamspeak.com/pricing.php?page=ts3

1. Go to register on https://sales.teamspeakusa.com/users/register.php
    2. Log into your account and purchase the AAL license of your choice
    3. Once you have purchased the license, create a new Ticket to request that your AAL license be converted to an offline license
    4. Also specify your platform (Linux, Mac, Windows) and if it's 32 or 64 bit
    5. You will received a special server binary containing the embedded offline AAL
    Last edited by florian_fr40; December 17th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.

First, your link is broken.

Second, does this mean that you have to get a new server binary every server release? If so, is this automatically sent to you when the new release is made available or do you have to put in a ticket every release to request the updated version? Also, what is the expected delay between public release and offline binary release?

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    First, your link is broken.
    See the double http.. ^^

http://sales.teamspeakusa.com/pricing.php?page=ts3
    Last edited by florian_fr40; December 17th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.

For 1 : I corrected (sorry).

For 2 : There is no provision for public release. You must purchased a new AAL license, and it's after that, that the binary file will be modified.

For the server update, I will ask to Florence (to be sure).

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinShark View Post
    yeah, we know how to fix it. I was pointing it out to him so he can edit his post since I can't edit it for him.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; December 17th, 2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    , does this mean that you have to get a new server binary every server release? If so, is this automatically sent to you when the new release is made available or do you have to put in a ticket every release to request the updated version?
    So, you must ask a new server build with your license for each new release.

Question Offline Sever Questions

So here's what I am trying to do. I am part of a large model railroad club. At the club we have no way to communicating with one another. One thing we have used are walky talkies, but due to some high interference, and short battery life and the manner we need to communicate they just don't work well. What we have are 2 yards, or places where trains are made up and taken apart. These yards need to be able to communicate with each other on one channel. Dispatcher, who says where what trains can run, has to be able to communicate with both the yards and the drivers.

Here's where Team Speak comes into mind. Both yards, and dispatcher have computers in front of them and most of the drivers have smart phones. What I was thinking was setting up a TS server and having one channel for the yards and one for the road crews. But here in lines the problem, the building has WiFi but no connection to the internet. Now I dont know too much about setting up a virtual server (Im reading up on it right now.), but is it possible to set up a server with out internet?

*** Thread Merged ***

Urgent help needed

Hello, okay so here i download the teamspeak 3 server file (the latest one) and then i start the server and it all works fin i connect and get my privileges. Now when i go to a lan with no internet and i start up the 32 player non licensed server it works fine. Then i wen home quick to get a licence because there was simply not enough player slots and registered it tested it at home and it worked with up to 512 player slots. I take that server exactly as it is close down my home one copy and put it on a flash drive. Then i take it to the lan and now that server wont work. it start us but nobody can connect to it, even from the server pc.

Any ideas ? this is a 300 - 550 man lan so the standard 32 slot server would just not work.

Thanks please respond quickly as to the lan is in 3 days

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 6th, 2012 at 12:22 AM.

I would say you need to go here and submit a ticket asking if you can get an offline NPL. I know you can get a pay license as offline, after buying the license you have to submit a ticket. IFAIK, without an offline license the server must be able to reach the licensing server to validate the license.

Small LAN without Internet

Can I use Team Speak on a LAN without an Internet connection? I have 8 networked PC's and I want to be able to talk with the gamers using headsets.

Thanks!

Stuart

This thread got merged
    Please read post #1
    Last edited by dante696; May 22nd, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Using Teamspeak on a LAN

Hello,

I am very new to Teamspeak but I google searched for a way to do LAN voice chat and this program came up. I downloaded the server and the client and I was able to connect to my server by typing "localhost" in the address. However, I wasn't able to figure out how to get another computer to connect across the LAN. On the other computer, I had them try to connect to the Wan IP number that shows up when I right clight on my server but that didn't work.

How can they connect without having to use the internet?

Also, can a 32-bit client connect to a 64 bit server?

Thanks!

your thread got moved.
    Please read post #1 of this thread.
    Last edited by dante696; May 23rd, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smatthews3 View Post
    Can I use Team Speak on a LAN without an Internet connection? I have 8 networked PC's and I want to be able to talk with the gamers using headsets.

Thanks!

Stuart

This thread got merged
    Please read post #1
    For that you can just use a no license server with the 1 v-server 32 slot limit without a problem. Just download the server and run. Make sure firewall will allow access to TS3 ports and have other clients to the server's LAN IP to connect. But if you are a business or making money leasing seat time or such you need to buy a AAL and have it converted to an offline license.

Thread Information