Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Lightbulb i_channel_max_sum

Is it possible to implement to set a maximum amount of subchannels which can be created inside a (parent) channel?
    It would be very helpful on public servers where its allowed that users can create own channels, also permanent.

Hello

It's already possible with i_channel_min_depth and i_channel_max_depth parmissions.

Do you try to set this permissions in server group ?

No, i try it with the Channel Admin Group.

On my Server its possible to request a permanent channel. I create the channels for the applicant. In this channel its possible to create subchannels with the max_depth of 2.
    Now i need a solution to set a maximum amount of subchannels inside a such channel.
    Example:

applicants main channel
    - sub1
    - sub2
    (- sub3)

If the channel admin of "applicants main channel" tries to create the third subchannel named sub3 an error message should be shown like this:
    *** You are not allowed to create more than 2 subchannels in this channel.***

Sorry, but I don't think this would be a useful addition to the permission system. Why would you limit the number of sub-channels? If you don't want a person to create more than two channels, simply create them for him and setup his permissions so he's only allowed to modify those two.

I don't see a logical reason here to make the permission system more complex than it already is. If you need something like this you'll have to create your own solution with a script.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think this would be a useful addition to the permission system. Why would you limit the number of sub-channels?
    Because for the same reason as these two *_depth permissions (i_channel_max_depth, i_channel_min_depth) exists, clarity (better overview).
    Last edited by Burnjack; December 18th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Ok I understand, you talk about number of sub-channel (not a level).
    Not the same thing.

The "_depth" permissions make sense.
    i. e. you want your "apllicants" to create (permanent) channels, but they should only be able to create sub-channels, not normal channels.
    In this case you set min_depth to 1.
    max_depth is to limit how deep you can create sub-channels (i. e. for better overview).

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    The "_depth" permissions make sense.
    i. e. you want your "apllicants" to create (permanent) channels, but they should only be able to create sub-channels, not normal channels.
    In this case you set min_depth to 1.
    max_depth is to limit how deep you can create sub-channels (i. e. for better overview).
    Yes and i want a third permission for improved overview, so that the applicants can only create a given number of subchannels in their channel.

Thread Information