Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question [REQUEST] Play sound!

Hi,

Sorry if this plugin already exist, but I didn't find it. I want a plugin to play a song when I write a command... (eg. /playalarma)... In this moment, a little sound play in the TeamSpeak like a voice who says ALARMAAAA...

So, is this possible?

Thank you,
    Sir_JusTic3

Last edited: I talk about TeamSpeak 3 Server

Nobody

Nobody ???

The problem is: There is no easy way accessing the input-chain of TSł (simplified: Mic/Soundcard => FMOD => Encoder(Speex) => Server/Internet) through the Plugin-API, so the only way I can imagine is to insert the Sound by overwriting a buffer(haven't tried that yet).
    This is far too complicated, because there are easier ways to stream a sound, search for
    • "Wave out"/"Stereo-Mix" (Free, but you can't really use TeamSpeak for anything but streaming on the streaming machine)
    • VAC(Virtual Audio Cable; not for free but you can still talk)

Correct me if I'm wrong, after trying several ways I gave up writing such a plugin.
    [For anyone who is interested in what I've tried yet:
    - Creating a "virtual" FMod-Input device,
    - Adding a Soundprocessor to the TSł-FMod-Mic-Device,
    - some other approaches I can't remember right now]

According to your edit-message, your talking about the server, but as far as I know the server isn't capable of loading plugins - please correct me if I'm wrong
    Last edited by addilind; September 17th, 2010 at 10:24 PM.

As I noticed some time ago, there now IS a way to at least change a fmod preprocessors settings in the mic-processing chain (take a look at setPreProcessorConfigValue etc.)
    Maybe you could use that to inject sound, but as I'm busy in the moment writing the C#-Plugin-Wrapper, I don't have time to try it - and FMod propably won't be supported in .Net-Plugins.

Hi,

Here is another attempt to do what the OP wants.

It's quiet easy. Just bind a key to switch/toggle between Capture Modes. The Standart Mode should be you mic. The other one you want to switch to should be your "Stereo Mix" or "What you Hear".
    So now you can switch to "Stereo Mode" play whatever sound/music you want and switch back in order to talk again.

The thing is to bring it all into one button. I haven't figured it out yet if it is possible to start/stop specific soundclip from winamp. (eg. I press the button "1"--> TS switches to "Stereo Mix"---> at the same time winamp starts playing---> after completing TS switches back to "Mic")

[Request] Sound playing plugin

Hi everyone

I have a idea of being able to play a sound in a TS3 channel just by pressing a key (through the hotkey system)

The sound would be something quick, just to emphasize/ make fun of what somebody has just said....

For example, if a mate make a silly pun, i'll play Sadtrombone

I just wanna check if there is already a possibility to do so, and if not, if a modder has a brilliant idea how to do it

Thanks

I don't know of any plugin to do it, but you could probably hack something together using voice activation, Virtual Audio Cable and a soundboard/media player.

I just wrote such a plugin (that works without VAC or something like that), so it's definitely possible
    I'm using a keyboard (instrument) via midi to play the samples but it should be no problem to assign hotkeys to them.
    It plays mp3/ogg/wav files, allows streaming from the internet (internet radio) and I also integrated an VST-host to enable VST-effects for voice input.
    It just needs some major clean-up to remove all hardcoded stuff and if there's interest, I might release it.

I just wrote such a plugin (that works without VAC or something like that), so it's definitely possible
    I'm using a keyboard (instrument) via midi to play the samples but it should be no problem to assign hotkeys to them.
    It plays mp3/ogg/wav files, allows streaming from the internet (internet radio) and I also integrated an VST-host to enable VST-effects for voice input.
    It just needs some major clean-up to remove all hardcoded stuff and if there's interest, I might release it.

I would pay a small amount for something like this... and its funny I ran across this thread because I was just about to create a thread to request the same thing. I was in a game yesterday and messing with a mate and he kept bitching about me killing him, so I minimized my game... went to YouTube... found a crying baby... enabled my "What you hear" and then played it while holding my talk key. The ENTIRE channel broke out laughing so hard I could swear I heard a few tears even... but then afterwards I was thinking "Wow, would be really cool if I could make a whole bunch of binds with various sounds like that and could be heard within the channel Im in with a simple press of a button... even cooler if it could also work with my "What you hear" and be able to also be heard "In Game" if I also held down my ingame talk button at the same time.

Really? Not even the offer of $$$ can get this done?

Wow its like all the exictment was drained out of these boards lately... cant find anyone to develope this, cant find anyone to make a skin for my clan... sheesh.

If you want to betatest my plugin (requires 32bit-Client for Windows (doesn't matter if 32 or 64 bit) at the moment), just send me a PM

PM sent.. thanks

Could I try the beta version also?

Thread Information