Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved CTR+F for channel tree

Pretty much what it says on the tin. Would it be possible for the CTR+F search function to incorporate the channel tree if specified by you, the client?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Neil~ View Post
    Pretty much what it says on the tin. Would it be possible for the CTR+F search function to incorporate the channel tree if specified by you, the client?
    click on some channel in channel tree, and then press first one or two letters of searched channel name. Repeat those characters for "search again"

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    click on some channel in channel tree, and then press first one or two letters of searched channel name. Repeat those characters for "search again"
    What about channels with unicode letters at the start? What about servers that have literally hundreds of channels - the TS Public server for example? Your suggestion doesn't quite work for me anyway.

Hello

Half Tip :
    When you open the search area, set "Search all tabs" option.
    If the channel name is in a tab, right click and "Join...."

Of course the channel name must be written.

This has been added into our bugtracker as a 3.1 Feature

TS-297

Is there a way to hide the other chat rooms?

I use TS3 almost every day, mostly on the same free server to chat with my friends. We have our own channel registered there and I can join on it easily because the server name and sub-channel is saved in the client.

However it is basically impossible to find our channel in the chat room list on the left side of the client, because there are hundreds of other channels and sub channels listed. Not to mention the users in them, I can see them too...

I also have moderation privileges in our room and sometimes I have to mute my friend, because can forget to quit TS before listening to loud music. For that to happen I have to search for our channel in the pile of hundreds of other channels, subchannels and users. Last day this took me around ten minutes. It was then I decided I will ask for a solution here.

Help me out here pls!

Hello

Todo list to find channel quickly (and little tip) :
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=60726

Search function

Thanks for the help, however, the CTRL+F does not want to search in the channel tree and pushing the first button of the channel name is not a solution, because there are a lot of other channels with the same starting letter.

Todo means, it is planned to build in such a function. It does not work yet, because it is not implmeented.

Threads merged

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Search Channel Toolbar.

Search channel toolbar for teamspeak 3 is an good idea, when virtual server has more than 1000 channels:

screen shot where should be located:
    http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2...neltoolbar.png

how it should works ?
    basicially when you try example, type "admin" every channels include that word, will shown but others channels will disappear completly, this is good toolbar for people especially for beginners to find friend channel.

Best Regards
    Hunterpl
    Last edited by dante696; October 19th, 2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Thread has been merged

Find Channel in Tree Option

I think it would be really nice to have a "Find Channel in Tree" Option in the Context menu for Channel Links in the Chat/Logs similar to "Find Client in Tree".

Click in the channel's tree.
    On the keyboard, press the firsts letters of the channel you are looking for ...
    Last edited by Jordi; November 25th, 2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo

Actually it only works for the very first Letter, takes way more time, searches Clients aswell and it's very likely to miss the Channel you are looking for. Oh and did I mention the time it takes? Also I would like to see how you do that if that Channel contains Characters that are not on the keyboard.

Having it in the Context Menu brings you were you want to in a matter of seconds, without doubt or any chance to miss what you are looking for. It's really rather simple to add anyway...

Your request has been moved

This thread includes user and channel for the server tree.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Your request has been moved

This thread includes user and channel for the server tree.
    Even though the original Suggestion (Searching for channels with a known Name) and mine (Having a Context Menu Action when clicking a Channelname in Chat) are different if you think both can be served by a single Thread it's fine with me. Just hoping both get implemented

Thread Information