Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razer Megalodon

Solved Razer Megalodon

Hi all

I got a Megalodon for christmas and im having a prob with it with TS3

The problem is this

When i talk (push to talk) and someone else talks at the same time they can hear them selfs talking and hear my game or any sound for that matter.

I have done all my updates, windows and razer but this problem still occurs.

We now know that its a TS3 issue as with using a voice call over windows live with my mates, there is no problem and they say that i sound really clear and they are not picking them slefs up at all, which is great because windows live call your mic is active constantly.

We also thought that the mic maybe be extremely senitive and picking up the noise i hear in my headphones, but this isn't the case because when we was using windows live call i was playing games and listening to music through my headphones and they couldn't hear a thing.

If you need more info please ask
    The Razer Megalodon is connect via USB

Many Thanks
    Alan aka Hollow

just tried ventrilo and the same happens, if the other ppl talk while i got mic open, ie my mics active, i'm talking. They get and echo of them selfs.

So....so far its comms programs...but what is it about comms programs that can cause this...as i say worked a treat when using windows live messenger voice call

What is your capture device and mode? Are you using a headet or a desktop mic? Have you tried adjusting your mic sensitivity?

The capture Device im using is, Microphone (Razer Megalodon)

The capture mode is, Direct sound.
    But i have tried all capture modes.

The mic is built onto the headset.

I have messed around with all the mic levels and sensitivities but no change

As i've said about using windows live voice call, it was fine then, have music in my headset full up and my team mates could not hear the music, so the mic isn't as sensitive as we thought.

It seems to us that TS3 is somehow using my mic as a microphone & a speaker...as strange as that might sound

When i do the "test voice" with TS3 and push to talk. Even if i do something as simple as cough it will make the volume go up but then you will hear it cough again and again making the volume go up a bit futher and it will keep echoing untill the volume bar goes all the way up and gets really high pitched. So its like the mic is saying, then listening, then playing what it hears again...over & over

any futher info on this please?

same issue

im having the same issue, i have contacted razer see if i get a reply, i cant even get a work around to work.

even on virtual cables or using a differnt mic and the same headset in ts3.

any one have anyidea or a fix, iv done all the firmware updates but nothing.

Chris

Razer just told me to get onto TS forums as its them...no suprise there really....and not getting no help from TS forums either.

gotta love the support...nothing quite says, go use another maker or progra does it

still no reply teamspeak?

Well this seems like an issue to do with your setup to be honest. I have the Razer Megalodon and have no problems with Teamspeak for that matter.

I know you said you did Razer updates, does this mean you upgraded the firmware? If not do it as older firmware has many microphone problems.

As you mentioned ventrilo being the same to me this indicated that it is something to do with you and no widespread especially when I have the same headset and do not have any of these problems.

You also have to take into account that this headset features a very sensitive microphone that can very easily pick up sound from the headset speaker. This is not just model based but across the whole Razer Platform.

Ah thx for posted m8

see i would of thought it would of been my set up but using the windows lice chat it was perfect. Set up as in my system properties.

but i would assume its the properties with TS and Vent...but finding what is the question

i've never had any issues with TS or any other comms device or program
    I'm assuming its got something to do with it being a USB connection as i know from other ppl that they can throw up some issues, Whats your opinion on this?

what i was hoping is a TS member would post with something i could at least try.

oh and yes, it was the firmware i updated, is there any other updates to do, searched razer webby but couldnt find nothing else.

Did you have any issues with this headset at all to start with?

Yes microphone issues that were sorted with the firmware update. Try lowering both mic level and mic sens to around 2 bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity121 View Post
    Yes microphone issues that were sorted with the firmware update. Try lowering both mic level and mic sens to around 2 bars.
    This will probably fix your problem. I have the same headset and it takes some tweaking to get right, but it does work fine once you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    This will probably fix your problem. I have the same headset and it takes some tweaking to get right, but it does work fine once you do.
    Yes its funny isnt it Trekkan that they give you so much to play with in terms of sensitivity and mic levels yet you cannot use them anywhere near full. Doing so just causes too high sound levels or feedback from headset sound. However I do not have any problems with mine at the moment and they are the best headset I've ever had. Hope your enjoying yours also

I would also say make sure that your mic record isn't set to "what you hear" and that all the right playback channels are muted as well as all the right record channels are muted.

my sens and level are both on 2 bars funny enough

im using windows 7 64 and the box that says "listen to this device" was already unticked anyway.

really dont know what else i can do, i've messed around with all kinds of levels and properties..i'm not new to PC's, bout 10 yrs now and have done many many things on them...just nothing i do seems to make a differance..and thats the thing, it just doesnt change at all, you would think it would get slightly better or worst.

Thread Information