Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I Cannot Get TS3 To Start (0xc000007b)

Edit by Mod

To solve this error try

-------- original post below-------

I have installed TS3 per your tutorial, but I cannot get it to start at all.
    I am getting the error:

ts3client_win64.exe-Application Error
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64x with a nVidia GTX480 and Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio. I'm also using a USB PnP Sound Device which is the Audio FX Pro 5+ headset.

I've tried running in Vista SP2 compatibility mode, installing the program into the My Documents folder, installing with all anti-virus turned off, but nothing works.
    All of my UAC is turned off and DEP is disabled globally so that should not be effecting the install.
    I also tried updating it from the install folder after it was installed with no result.

Thank you,
    Bob
    Last edited by dante696; May 1st, 2019 at 09:06 PM.

Exclamation No Support?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but I thought this forum is where I'm supposed to go for support.
    Is there someplace else that I am supposed to go for Teamspeak support? It has been several days since I posted this problem and I still have no response.
    Please link me to where I should go for support.

Thank you,
    Bob

Hello,

After doing some research i think there are a couple things you can try. This problem doesn't have a specific solution as a number of things could cause something like this.

First thing i would suggest is make sure you have .net framework and that it's the latest ( this can be found in windows updates )

Next would be to scan your pc for a virus. There is a virus out there that has been known to cause this error.

Also make sure that the shortcut is pointing toward the exe correctly. You mentioned a few reinstalls. (i.e., if you go into your directory and start the exe from there does it work? )

Let me know if any of these work ( I will be checking daily )

Hello,
    Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.
    1. I do have .NET Framework 4 installed. I believe that is the latest.

2. I have run a virus scan on my computer recently, but I will do it again today.

3. I have been trying to run TS3 from the .exe file that is made within the folder when installing the program. I have tried to run it right after installing, running after updating, setting backward compatibility to Vista, but nothing is working.

The TS3 program installs and updates perfectly with no errors at all.
    I Googled that error (0xc000007b) and the only thing that I could find was that it said it is a "Stop Error" and this sometimes happens when a 32bit .dll and a 64bit .dll are running from the same folder.

I am running virus scan on my C: drive now using MS Security Essentials. I can also do one with Avast 5.

Thank you,
    Bob

Hmmmm.

Have you tried to install the 32bit one and seeing if that would run? Or does both 64 and 32 not work?

I was thinking about trying that too. I don't suppose it could do any damage. the worst would be that it just wouldn't run either.
    I'll try it and let you know.

My virus is still scanning and it says that it has picked up a questionable file, but I have that problem sometimes when I scan for viruses though because I have Microsoft Flight Simulator X installed and run FSUIPC4 in the module folder, and the virus scan seems to interpret the.dll file that is in that program as being malicious. But it won't show me what it found until it is done scanning. I'll let you know.

Thank you,
    Bob

Wow! I went ahead and installed the 32 bit version of TS3 into my 64bit OS and it seems to work great.
    I'm having a little trouble getting "Push-to-talk" to work. It doesn't seem to want to recognize any key to use for PTT, but it will close when I select Esc, so it sees my keyboard.
    The auto-voice is working good and I'm thinking maybe when I restart my computer, it may get the PTT to work.
    I really appreciate all of your help. I am setting here talking to a fellow from Iceland right now on Teamspeak 3 and it is amazing. He sounds like he is in the room with me. They have really improved the quality of Teamspeak since I used it last. I don't know why I could not get the 64bit version to work, but it don't look like it would be any different, so it's just as well.
    Thank you,
    Bob
    Last edited by signmanbob; January 7th, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

The quality is excellent indeed! Glad to see you at least got the 32 working. However i am out of ideas for the 64. Perhaps it was a bad download. I don't know.

As for the Push to Talk, do you have any extra peripherals plugged in? Something like a joystick or controller or such? Sometimes these can cause problems when trying to set a PTT. Once it is set you can plug the peripherals back in and it'll work no problem.

With the x64, I tried downloading it with Google Chrome and Explorer (latest version) several times. The x32 downloaded without corruption the first time, so I have to assume that the 64x should have also.
    What the virus scan found was three trojans, so I removed them.
    Since I have the x32 working fine, I will just leave it as is.

I do have a lot of peripherals connected since I use FSX also. (Joystick, two throttles sets, pedals, yoke, nostromo) so I guess I better get to disconnecting.
    Thanks again for all of your help. I just joined up with "Battlefield2 Combat; Tour of Duty" http://tod.combatstudios.com/content.phpand I would not be able to take part in the weekly battles without Teamspeak 3 working properly. I was really getting worried until I seen your post.

Bob

If you are satisfied to leave it at that, then we shall leave it at that. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Good luck!

Exclamation error running x64 TS3, Error code 0xc00007b

Win7x64
    TS3x64 installed
    executing leads to Error code 0xc00007b

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9-2e02e20ebe66

We can't help. this a problem of your operation system.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Can't Update to 3.0.16

When I click update it says:

"The application was unabple to satrt correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Please help.

Thanks,

Aaron

Google first answers -> there are missing files on your system.

Please download the installer and try it again.
    http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I received no Error statement.

I received no error message. I logged on my computer this morning to find I could not access my Control Panel to switch my default sound device from speakers to headset. I went to call someone for help, and my Skype came up with the Teamspeak skin and images embedded throughout. I initiated a system restore which removed Teamspeak and restored Skype. I then re-installed both.

I have had a lot of problems with TS for months. No one is answering my most recent questions in the forum. Should I look for a different program?

I have since making this post restarted my computer. Now I am getting an error.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
    This is after a complete fresh install and losing all permissions on my TS server where I am hosted.
    Last edited by Withers; August 25th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.

Thread Information