Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Post Client connection issue

Hi all, I'm very new to this but I can usually muddle my way through explanations fairly well. Here's my problem/question.

I am the admin for our TS3 server and am working on making it easy for new members to connect. I have figured out how to make an invite link with their username, server password, and a token to grant them access to the right server group. However while testing this once I've had a current member try to connect once I can't use them for testing purposes any more because the system always remembers them. Is there a way to remove a client from the database entirely? I don't want to ban them, I just don't want the server to remember them so that I can keep using them as a guinea pig while I work to try and figure out how to set everything up the way I want it.

Hello

Just delete this user from the client list :
    Permissions > List All Client
    Right click on client and select "Delete client" (since client Beta-37)

Thanks, but for some reason I have client beta-36 and it says there are no updates available. When I go to the client list there are only 3 options under the right click menu:

Copy Nickname to clipboard
    Copy UID to clipboard
    Ban Client

if you go to your TS3 install folder and open the update.ini in a text editor and add the following to the end of the file. Then check for updates again.

Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true
    Keep in mind if you leave this enabled in time you may get an unstable build. But beta37 is working really good for me and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    if you go to your TS3 install folder and open the update.ini in a text editor and add the following to the end of the file. Then check for updates again.

Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true
    Keep in mind if you leave this enabled in time you may get an unstable build. But beta37 is working really good for me and many others.

Thank you for the invalueable info I stumbled across the answer to my problems while trying to get a new server admin token via the TCAdmin control panel

And is it possible to do it with Serverquery ?

Quote Originally Posted by thorjm83 View Post
    And is it possible to do it with Serverquery ?
    Please, read the documentation :
    TeamSpeak 3 Server Query Manual.pdf

Thread Information