Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4

    Solved [solved] Client_nickname

    Well, I've been following some update in beta versions of the TS3.

    Previously I know it was not possible to change the property CLIENT_NICKNAME using QueryServer.

    This restriction still remains the same or has been changed?

    I searched the forum but did not find any recent discussion.
    If anyone can tell me I appreciate it.

    []'s

  2. #2
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,513
    You only can change the name for the conencted Query you use there.
    to do that use the comamnd clientupdate client_nickname=navossoc

    Changing other users nickname is and stays not possible!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You only can change the name for the conencted Query you use there.
    to do that use the comamnd clientupdate client_nickname=navossoc

    Changing other users nickname is and stays not possible!
    What a shame, still do not know why they decided this.

    Thanks for the answer.

    []'s

  4. #4
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,513
    It's an uselees fight, to change other users nickname... He just changes it it back.
    You want, that otehr users have a Clan Tag in forn of their name?
    Create a server group and set the tag in fron or behind a nickname.
    Open Permissions > Server or channel Groups > Select the group and search for permission "i_group_show_name_in_tree".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It's an uselees fight, to change other users nickname... He just changes it it back.
    You want, that otehr users have a Clan Tag in forn of their name?
    Create a server group and set the tag in fron or behind a nickname.
    Open Permissions > Server or channel Groups > Select the group and search for permission "i_group_show_name_in_tree".
    No, don't solve my problem. I need to know the person is really the person, otherwise will not work.

    Isn't just more easy create a "flag" at the server, "User_can_change_nickname"? (something like this)

    If the TS server holds their nickname, a flag setted to 1 ignore all changes of nickname came from the user (client).

    So he can't "cheat" and change his name to the other people.

    I am still using TS2 by this reason.

    []'s

  6. #6
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by navossoc View Post
    So he can't "cheat" and change his name to the other people.

    I am still using TS2 by this reason.
    I don't understand your issue at all. In TeamSpeak 3, every client connected to your server has a unique identifier that is the same on all servers. So regardless of which nickname he/she is using, you'll always be able to identify him/her and you can assign a custom nickname which will be shown instead of the real nickname.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I don't understand your issue at all. In TeamSpeak 3, every client connected to your server has a unique identifier that is the same on all servers. So regardless of which nickname he/she is using, you'll always be able to identify him/her and you can assign a custom nickname which will be shown instead of the real nickname.
    Yes, I can, I can see the ID and recognize who is who.

    Tell about that ID do my clients.

    The service is developed to them use, no mine.
    They can't, just can't recognize who is who.

    So if my clients can not use it, I'll have to look for other alternatives.

    Anyway, if it can't be done, we don't have to extend this post.


    []'s
    Last edited by navossoc; January 11th, 2011 at 04:17 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,513
    It can't and it won't be added!

    We have a feature called contacts, it doesnt matter what nickname they have. You can set a custom nickname fro an user who changes his nick so often. But you only will see this custom name.


    and anyways, it's just a nickname...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Secret Base in Arctic Region
    Posts
    1,671
    Not only valid for voicechats, but also for text-chats.
    Me doesnt know any textchat who forbids the setting or changing of nicknames (the login-name may be restricted).
    So do dantes bidding

    PS: Wasnt it said that sort of nickname-"registration" is on ToDo for FR or past?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,513
    Alcazar
    Kind of nickname reservation is planned for 3.1, but all 3.1 features will be discussed after release.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Solved] Name Changes
    By Gangles2010 in forum Permission System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
  2. [Solved] Help please?
    By SucksToBeMe in forum Windows
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 25th, 2010, 11:28 PM
  3. [Solved] URL For IP
    By BottleKid in forum General Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
  4. clientupdate and client_nickname
    By cvweiss in forum Server Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM
  5. [Solved] vb or c net
    By spinter in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2010, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •