Forum

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37

    Question Anti-Flood & Website Integration Question

    Hello,

    I run a TS3 server for our EVE Online alliance. We deal with a reasonable amount of player traffic. I have a couple of questions regarding this.

    A) Once in a while we get other alliances and to screw around with their numbers, and among other things they will have like 20 to 40 people connect to our TS3 at once from all over the world. Is there any way to reduce the amount of connections to the server at once? Had it happen before to us and I'm just worried about flooding.

    B) If I create something on our website that allows people to create/regenerate tokens, how can I deal with players that have more than 1 computer? We have a number of members that only have 1 account on our website, but 2+ computers.

    I don't want to allow them multiple tokens, because that would allow them to give extra tokens to other random people. So if they went rogue, they'd have 2+ people doing mischievous stuff.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,310
    Hello

    A) Just change the available slots
    Right click on server name > Edit Virtual Server > Max clients

    B) I don't think this is a good solution for you. But, can you explain why you want create, by your website, several privilege keys. Maybe there is a better solution.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,143
    B) Tell these users to EXPORT their identity and IMPORT it on the 2nd, 3rd, ect. computer they use. No need to generate tons of keys for this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

    A) Just change the available slots
    Right click on server name > Edit Virtual Server > Max clients

    B) I don't think this is a good solution for you. But, can you explain why you want create, by your website, several privilege keys. Maybe there is a better solution.
    A) Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Okay, so all my registered groups have the ability to use reserved slots and Guests need to get a group. SOLVED.

    B) Okay I'll give you the whole situation, I didn't want it to be too wordy, so I didn't last time.

    I run an alliance in EVE, we have 150ish people atm, with more people joining every day. We have a server group for each corporation in the alliance, we also have multiple basic access user groups and other ranking groups. When I'm not around to grant people rights or maintain them, I would like people to be able to obtain access to the TS3 corp groups. Currently we have a website which runs checks on API Authentication & verifies account ownership via EVE Mail, so making accounts is pretty secure, I also plan on making our own system of 1-time-use keys for website registration if I implement this system I'm talking about. Anyway, once they register on the website, I want it to grant them access to the corporate group they are in (depending on the website). Also I plan on making more advanced group rights for members that are CEO's, or other things. I was planning on using the PHP Framework and the token system for this. Would that be a bad idea? Do you have something else in mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    B) Tell these users to EXPORT their identity and IMPORT it on the 2nd, 3rd, ect. computer they use. No need to generate tons of keys for this.
    Crap... does that mean anybody can just hand out the file and give it to anybody to use already?


    Thanks guys.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,143
    Crap... does that mean anybody can just hand out the file and give it to anybody to use already?
    This would be no different than a key. If I had a key I could give it to someone else. The object behind the exporting of an identity is so that you can store it in a safe place or import it on a 2nd computer. In theory yes, someone could share their identity with another user. I have not attempted to log on to a server with the same exact identity twice so I have no idea what the server would do. By exporting/importing you get the exact same identity in a 2nd location. I highly recommend exporting identities that have admin access and keep them in a safe place. If you ever have to reformat your computer you won't lose your identity and access.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    Crap... does that mean anybody can just hand out the file and give it to anybody to use already?
    Same with a username and password. I can share this information and everyone else is able to use it. Why this should be different with an identity?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    Same with a username and password. I can share this information and everyone else is able to use it. Why this should be different with an identity?
    Yeah, but can you limit the number of people that login using that identity to one at a time? So if a guy gives the password to 80 people, only 1 of those 80 people can login.

    Also... nobody has any comment on my other question?

    Thanks again guys.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,143
    You could set the permission i_client_max_clones to prevent that identity from logging in more than one time.

    I can't comment on your other question as I don't have the knowledge in that area.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    Yeah, but can you limit the number of people that login using that identity to one at a time? So if a guy gives the password to 80 people, only 1 of those 80 people can login.
    Also possible with identities:
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    You could set the permission i_client_max_clones to prevent that identity from logging in more than one time.
    But of course, this "should" not happpen, like you would never send me your bank details and passwords .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Yeah that's cool, I didn't know those were linked. Thanks

    Anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    I run an alliance in EVE, we have 150ish people atm, with more people joining every day. We have a server group for each corporation in the alliance, we also have multiple basic access user groups and other ranking groups. When I'm not around to grant people rights or maintain them, I would like people to be able to obtain access to the TS3 corp groups. Currently we have a website which runs checks on API Authentication & verifies account ownership via EVE Mail, so making accounts is pretty secure, I also plan on making our own system of 1-time-use keys for website registration if I implement this system I'm talking about. Anyway, once they register on the website, I want it to grant them access to the corporate group they are in (depending on the website). Also I plan on making more advanced group rights for members that are CEO's, or other things. I was planning on using the PHP Framework and the token system for this. Would that be a bad idea? Do you have something else in mind?
    Is that cool? Or you see any flaws in my logic. The only thing I could think of is if they had multiple website accounts they could create multiple group tokens. But I think I have that under control.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Not possible] Anti-Flood points question
    By ShaggyTDawg in forum Server Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 5th, 2016, 01:19 AM
  2. [Resolved] anti-flood question
    By Kadeka in forum General Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
  3. [Rejected] anti-flood/anti-spam
    By Tomas in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 30th, 2011, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •