Forum

Microphone volume fading

Hi,
    recently i installed Teamspeak, everything working fine, tests all good... only when connecting und using ist, my voice fades after the first 3-4 seconds and only rgoes back to normal after i stop talking. Makes conversations a bit tiring
    It's the same with PTT and voice activation, i tried disabling all the advanced options recording in turn, no help.

I'm running Vista 64 and some realtek HD onboard sound with a Digitus Headset that seems to be working fine.

Some help would be great

Thanks in advance,
    Frizzl

Do you have ECHO reduction turned on in your capture settings?

Tried with it turned off and on, so nothing there

hm... Drivers all up to date? Do the other clients notice this or is it just you that can hear this?

updating the drivers was the first thing i did, and it was the others that noticed it :-(

You know, some guy came on the public server with the same problem and they got it fixed but i can't for the life of me remember the exact problem. If you jump on the public server and into maybe one of the English Talk Channels, you can ask for help there as most of them don't check the forums. I think it had to do with some setting in windows. Sorry mate i'll try and find out for ya if i can but i just can't remember right now.

Here is address to Teamspeaks public server voice.teamspeak-systems.de

Mic problems

Sometimes I find that I'll be talking and my mic will fade out.
    To fix it, I just mute, and un mute my mic, but its getting annoying since I'm a warlord of my clan, and I need to call piles for the game I play.

I've googled the problem, and apperenlty there was a solution that someone could not recall, help please!
    Another thread regarding what appears to be the same problem.

Additional info-

I'm using a turtle beach x11 headset
    Realtek high def. Audio

AGC (Automatic voice gain control) also does change the volume for your mircophone, while you talk.
    Your sound get's lowered, when you yell into your microphone and i guess your mouth is not that far away from the microphone.
    Last edited by dante696; February 6th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

had the exact same problem here is what worked for me
    the problem was caused by the realtek hd audio manager
    disabeling background noise reduction and the 2nd option there (sry dont find the translation "nachhallunterdrückung") totaly fixed it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wrong View Post
    (sry dont find the translation "nachhallunterdrückung")
    I think 'nachhallunterdrückung' is 'echo cancellation' in english.

It's actually not, but it's probably the actually correct term, as the german translation ain't exactly correct, implying it'd have sth. to do with room ambience / reverb which it doesn't.

The correct german term for the algorithm would've been Echoauslöschung (using frequency spectrum of speaker output as source to reduce the very same spectrum in the microphone input), in contrast to Echounterdrückung (solely using volume) as techniques for Echokompensation (all stuff that makes echo go away), although compensation is sort of a questionable term for that.

Lesson learned, translators are often not really up to the task

Thread Information