Forum

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    When will RC1 be done and when will the final release be done any dates on that yet? You guys are planning on 3.1 so you have to be close to release the 3.0 final right?

Quote Originally Posted by nwerensteijn View Post
    Dwarden: Are those dumps ts3 client dumps or windows kernel dumps?
    Also, are you using windows xp?
    ofcourse these are OS minidumps as the OS went into BlueScreenOfDeath (not kernel dumps, then the size would be way bigger)...

sorry to not mention the OS, Windows 7 SP1 64bit ....

Quote Originally Posted by mcgee View Post
    When will RC1 be done and when will the final release be done any dates on that yet? You guys are planning on 3.1 so you have to be close to release the 3.0 final right?
    We hope to release our 3.0 version soon. Our list of things, that need to be done is small.
    We did not plan annything for 3.1, we just say, we think and discuss about such features after our 3.0 release.

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-rc1-pre11 available for testing

Hi,

today we released what might be the last pre-release before rc1. It fixes the high CPU issues that some users were seeing and also the crash when reloading plugins, amongst other things.

Please report any issues you encounter.

How to get it
    - Go to where you installed teamspeak. There should be (among other things) a executable called "update"
    - In this folder create or edit the file called "update.ini", after you are done with it the contents should be:
    Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true
    - Save the file, start TeamSpeak and go to Help->Check for Update, it should report a new version available.

I had this issue with pre10 but forgot to report it, and since it still happens with pre11, here it is.

I have Windows 7 and use a firewall from McAfee. It detects changes in executables and prevents Internet access until they are acknowledged by me. The steps I had to take to update my TeamSpeak the last few times were:

1) Launch TeamSpeak.
    2) It automatically detects that an update is available and prompts me to install it. I click Yes.
    3) The firewall says update.exe has been updated and asks if it can still use the Internet. Simultaneously, the update.exe terminates itself with an error showing the red "X" in a circle and a message saying something about not getting a response from the server, and only an OK button to click. (Sorry, I forgot to write this message down).
    4) I click "Allow Always" on the firewall prompt.
    5) I have to relaunch TeamSpeak because the updater closed and it does not relaunch TeamSpeak nor give me an option to retry the update.
    6) TeamSpeak doesn't notify of updates this time, so I have to go to Help > Check For Update.
    7) TeamSpeak acknowledges there's an update and asks if I want to install it, I click Yes.
    8) The updater loads and downloads the TeamSpeak updates successfully this time.
    9) I click Start TeamSpeak in the updater and TeamSpeak starts fine.
    10) To make TeamSpeak connect to the Internet, I go to Help > Check for Update again.
    11) The firewall notifies me that TeamSpeak has been updated, but simultaneously the TeamSpeak client gives an error that says "Failed to query latest client version from update server."
    12) I click "Allow Always" on the firewall and then TeamSpeak adds another prompt saying "You are already running the latest version."
    13) Once I click OK to both prompts in TeamSpeak, the TeamSpeak client crashes and leaves a dump file.
    14) I relaunch TeamSpeak and all is fine.

If you need the dump file, please let me know and I can send it to you. Thanks.

edit < text for florian removed here

SkyviewGuru
    We try to reprodcue this tomorrow. what McAfee product is installed?
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    what McAfee product is installed?
    It's called McAfee SecurityCenter. It came preinstalled with my computer so I am not sure what version it is. I tried to find some kind of Help > About menu option, but can't see anything like that.

Edit: I found the executable and checked properties on it, and it says the McAfee Security Center product version is 10.5.0.0.
    Last edited by SkyviewGuru; March 10th, 2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added version info

Quote Originally Posted by dante696
    Can't Reproduce your first bug, the permission is enabled in my server group and it's not greyed out. please clean your cache.
    Done before posting ( of course)

Same result with a clean install and update with a linux client

Quote Originally Posted by dante696
    but Thank you Mr. 24/7 ;P

Currently it's 24/6 (I need time to prepare the barbecue season)
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 10th, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

SkyviewGuru
    My server firewall (CSF) also banned me. It seems the newer version requires TCP port 41144 (DST).
    (It keeps trying to connect port 41144 since I had connected to my server, and then after several minutes, my firewall reacted and think someone is port scanning and banned me.)
    I would like developers to confirm it is indeed the case, before I open up the port in my firewall.

The client side (my side) uses various ports in 6xxxx range.

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    SkyviewGuru
    My server firewall (CSF) also banned me. It seems the newer version requires TCP port 41144 (DST).
    (It keeps trying to connect port 41144 since I had connected to my server, and then after several minutes, my firewall reacted and think someone is port scanning and banned me.)
    I would like developers to confirm it is indeed the case, before I open up the port in my firewall.

The client side (my side) uses various ports in 6xxxx range.
    The firewall I was talking about was on my client PC. The TeamSpeak server is still running Beta 30 on my Linux PC and it hasn't had any issues at all.

I know that. I just said there's a new connection. From client side to server side (client is "SENDING" messages, which many client firewalls would suspect a trojan is installed). I'm running beta30 as well.

The client side has a new connection using port 6xxxx, which has never happened before. The server side is supposed to receive the connection on 41144, but there's no service running on 41144. (Because it's the same server version) Consequently, my server firewall is blocking the connection. I don't have a client firewall.

My server runs a firewall (iptables) also but I haven't had any issues connecting to my TeamSpeak server with the client. The issues were only with the McAfee firewall, and only the first time running the programs after they were updated. Once I mark "Always Allow", they run as expected.

Hmm...
    Maybe we have different problems I have a feeling Mcafee is not detecting new port connection. It probably found different update binary.
    But I think think developers should also look into whether tcp port 41144 should be another port to open on the server side.

iptable by default won't ban you if you keep connecting a blocked port, unless you have a IDS (Intrusion Detection System).

I think we do have different problems, or we're not on the same page.

The issue I'm having is that TeamSpeak doesn't allow me enough time to answer my firewall before timing out, and the TeamSpeak client will crash that *first* launch after updating it. My TeamSpeak server and its iptables firewall have nothing to do with this issue, as I've changed nothing on the server side and the problem is resolved after I tell McAfee that the updated executable is OK and relaunch TeamSpeak. This issue occurred only when, and immediately after, upgrading the client (in this case pre10 to pre11, but it happened upgrading the former beta to pre10 which is why I decided to report it this time).
    Last edited by SkyviewGuru; March 11th, 2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Clarification

Hey,

the connect to port 41144 is for the new TSDNS feature, and should occure only once per connect attempt (so I doubt you get banned for this if the firewall is setup sanely). With the next server release there will be the TSDNS server binary and some documentation on how things work. For now (you only have the client side) there is not much use you can put into it
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Thread Information