Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I've noticed semiperm is now a channel property inside advanced. And if the channel is temporary, then after checking semiperm, it will automatically switch the radio button to "permanent" next time you edit the channel. Does this affect the permission system's "Create Semipermanent Channel" permission? That is, is there any dependency on "Create Semi-permanent channel" to "Create permanent channel" permission now that the edit channel panel is changed?

P.S.: I still prefer the old way of switching among "Temporary", "Semi-permanent", and "Permanent" inside a single tab.

Why i cant download on win 7 64 bit added file update.ini with settings and when i click update it gives me thath there is new update and then: Failed to query latest client version from update server.

Awesome changes - I'm really not sure whether the new soundpack is better or worse then the old one. Think I'll get used to it

What's really impressive is the new permission help dialogue but in my opinion it would be good to see how these recommended setups fit into your current permission set.

Trying to play a notification sound in the options window (under notifications) results in a warning.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    The English Unsaved changes dialog says:
    The "Downloads" settings has been modified.
    Do you want to apply your changes?
    Should say...
    The "Downloads" settings have been modified.
    Do you want to apply your changes?
    I believe that is the proper conjugation.

2 minor notes: mentioned both on the server, but here it can be better documented.

First, while I understand that there was no official release with plugin API 9, it was made available. To have all the changes in RC1 to the pluginsdk and it still using API 9 is a problem as my plugin was causing the client to crash for those that updated from beta37 or beta38-pre and used the plugin. While it may confuse some end users or people that don't "beta-pre" test there plugins it would be best to prevent crashing.

Second, and really easy. Time to update the 2010 years to 2011 in the software and documentation. Happy New Year!!!

Plugin API: We decided to only increment this if we had changes from one official release to the next. Beta-36->rc1 in this case. As I often change the plugin API multiple times during from one release to the next, I think it would be overkill to change the API version for beta or even alpha clients. I don't want the version increased by multiple steps for official releases. I assume people who use beta or alpha clients and use or write plugins will know what they are doing.

Updating the copyright to 2011 will be done.

Having the permissions system set to non-advanced by default: I think this makes sense, as many people complain about the permissions system being too complicated. So the average user is not overwhelmed by too many possibilities, sees the easy permissions dialog and does not get the contextmenus for permissions not included in the non-advanced mode. Hardcore users who want all the permissions should be able to click that checkbox once. Btw, the reason this checkbox is not in the permissions window is, it might not be possible to open this window due to lack of permissions.

Thanks for the feedback so far. :-)

Hey,

my Sound Packs are all quiet i didnt hear anything voice is working fine. The new Premission Systen is really nice.. but i will use the advanced..

I am using my own soundpack with a few .wav sounds, getting "WavePlayData::initCallback recieved error 2315 and 2316" whenever one of these .wavs is played since rc1.
    One other thing: About a year ago, some people reported slow single file transfers with a very unstable speed, uploading a file is stable and faster. It has been said that this bug is on to-do-list with low priority... I think this should be fixed before releasing final 3.0.
    Also, it would be very nice to replace the CELT 48khz mono "music" codec with a stereo version, even with just 22khz or 44.1khz it would still sound better than mono.
    Thanks for reading.

i might have to report a possible mem leak
    if u need more information just tell me
    http://s3.directupload.net/file/d/2404/z6kqhvma_png.htm
    http://s13.directupload.net/file/d/2...xma5v3_png.htm

Good catch! I noticed the massive memory usage of my client just a few minutes ago.

I don't use Linux much for TS3 client, but I just noticed yesterday while testing a plugin update that the status icon in the tooltray is not transparent like the one in Windows. There is a black box around the icon. Maybe normal, maybe not.

Linux CentOS Desktop 5.5/Gnome 2.16.0
    TS3 client 3.0.0-rc1-pre [Build: 13373]

Some windows dissapeared in the "Permissions" tab i.e. "Channel Client Permissions"

is that permanent ?

also with the new sound codecs the error with the G35 Headset is gone, no more need to adjust the 3D settings for the sound not to come from the right

Quote Originally Posted by Portuga View Post
    Some windows dissapeared in the "Permissions" tab i.e. "Channel Client Permissions"
    Do you checked the option :
    Settings > Option > Application => Check "Advanced permissions system"

Quote Originally Posted by Portuga View Post

is that permanent ?
    You are using easy permissions system.

To restrore those tabs you need to switch to Advanced permissions system:
    Settings -> Options -> Applications -> check Advanced permissions system

Thread Information