Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Now I'm not sure if KillerOps is for real. I responded to a post from that account in this thread (my quoted response is here) which requested us contacting a different e-mail address, and that post is now deleted and this new one showed up (post count for KillerOps says 1 again).

Quote Originally Posted by SkyviewGuru View Post
    Now I'm not sure if KillerOps is for real. I responded to a post from that account in this thread (my quoted response is here) which requested us contacting a different e-mail address, and that post is now deleted and this new one showed up (post count for KillerOps says 1 again).
    My typical response to questions like KillerOps raised is this:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html (Which I remember was "TS-approved" )

On a related note, I'm wondering whether the behavior I have described (sending lots of packets to 41144 when server drops packet and never respond) should be changed. Shouldn't there be a maximum number of tries before TS give up?
    Last edited by copper; March 15th, 2011 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    On a related note, I'm wondering whether the behavior I have described (sending lots of packets to 41144 when server drops packet and never respond) should be changed. Shouldn't there be a maximum number of tries before TS give up?
    As I said previously, we do not retry at all. All we do is call the "connect()" system call once and wait for it report success or failure...Howmany packets this results in is up to the operating system and should not be important, as "connect()" is one of the most common system calls out there

Hi,

So I have now also tested pre11, but unfortunately I had to uninstall and remove the version from the download area.
    The problem was when I had open TS and have started my game, I started to lagging in the TS. I had been barely understood only when I had installed the old version again, again, everything went.
    CPU: Single-Core 1.86GHz

Greetings
    RavLau

Ahh... So the problem that I was banned from my firewall looks like this now:
    1. The port 41144 is not opened in firewall. All packets sent to the port will not receive any response (such as connection refused)
    2. connect() system call does not return since it never received any response. It assumes SYN was lost and retry, retry, retry... Until I get banned. (I have port scan block as well as SYNFLOOD block)

I think the system call is working as intended, since there's real possibility of losing packets in Internet infrastructure. On TS3's attempt, I also think it's working as intended, because there's a real possibility of having TSDNS enabled in the server but the packet sent is lost. What I don't expect is the large number of retry. Isn't the purpose of TSDNS to resolve TS name to IP addresses? If the connection is already established, wouldn't it be unnecessary to attempt connecting TSDNS? I don't know how TSDNS work so it's just a guess, but I think it serves its purpose after TS client has found the correct TS server...?

It seems to me, if my guess is right, you don't need to issue connect() system call if DNS resolves properly and the client already connects to the server, or if the client entered server's IP address instead. I think you only need to call connect() when all of them following are true:
    1) The "Server Address" entered is not an IP address and port.
    2) DNS typeA record fails to pinpoint the server.

yes but the one i posted in the registration is for accounts and the one i put in the like is for emails i use that one that i put in most often to other sites

Thumbs up Yes

yes i have RC1-PRE11 as of right now but when you guys get a new one i qould love to help you all out

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    Isn't the purpose of TSDNS to resolve TS name to IP addresses?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood TSDNS to be a feature that will allow you to create different virtual servers under the same port, having them distinguished by the DNS name used to connect to the TeamSpeak server...similar to how web servers (Apache for example) can make different websites appear with different subdomains/domains, even if all the URLs are on the same IP address.

No you can't use the same port for 2 instances or virtual servers.
    This is just a redirection to your domain. Hosters can use them for custom server addresses.

Here is an example from such a config
    Code:
    dante696.host.com=92.231.124.108:8874
    dante.host.com=92.231.124.108
    server234.host.com=92.231.124.108
    host.com=127.0.0.1
    *=92.231.1.2:9987
    Note i am the owner if the domain "host.com" in my example and all in front of host, does not exist in any DNS service.

When I enter dante696.host.com in my address field, then i will be redirected to 92.231.124.108:8874, when a TSDNS server is running on my domain.

When I enter dante.host.com, then I will be redirected to the server 92.231.124.108:9987. I also get connected to 92.231.124.108:9987, when I use server234.host.com in my address field.
    Maybe hoster will use it that way or allow their customer to choose a custom name.

As long the TSDNS server is running and the host can be resolved. As long it will redirect you to the server. But when I enter an address like tester.host.com (this not registred in my TSDNS server config), then it will send the client to 92.231.1.2:9987.
    When an entry with a * exists, then it will send you to this address, when the address you have entered before, can't be resolved.

When I use host.com in my address. then it will redirect me back to my own computer .
    Hoster can use this, to send users to other server, to safe traffic on one machine.

You have to own the doamin, where you try to direct to!

* you still can use the normal IP and port to connect to a server

Hope it helped a bit.
    You will get more details, when the RC1 server has been released.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Hope it helped a bit.
    I think I do understand the TSDNS much better now, thanks. Just to be sure, when you enter a domain-based host name in the address field, TeamSpeak would use ordinary DNS to resolve the IP address and then would try to connect to that IP's port for TSDNS (41144) to see if your domain-based host name is in the TSDNS table or not.

If it is, it will direct TeamSpeak to use a particular IP address and port for connecting (doesn't have to be the same IP even, but has to be a domain you own). If not, it uses a default you set. Is that right?

And I suppose that if it fails to connect to the TSDNS port, it just resolves to connecting the way it did before TSDNS existed right?

Exclamation

Norton 360 v4 Detect the virus in ts3 client beta :

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8958/virusts3.png

and Beta version doesnt work with my Creative HS1200 Headset.

I have Kaspersky 2011 and no virus.

@hunterpl
    Already report and answered here :
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/62603

all works great for me, however the default soundpack is a bit lacky. it misses the file when somebody is kicked or banned from server when im not in the same room as the person. Everything else in client side works great with server31.
    Also i love the feature that now there is a soundfile when your channel group or server group is changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBlackLight View Post
    however the default soundpack is a bit lacky.
    What do you mean by lacky?

it misses the file when somebody is kicked or banned from server when im not in the same room as the person.
    This is on purpose, you can easily change it by editing the *.ini file and adding a sound for this action...

Thread Information