Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Template Group

Question Template Group

Greetings Team Speak leaders

I have another couple questions for you.

First off, is it possible to add users to the Server Group 1 (Guest Server Query)?
    I have changed the name and the permissions match Server Group 2 (Server Query Admin). I'm a real organized guy, and I would like the Server Query Admin to be the first group, followed by my Hosts in group 2, etcetara.

Second. Some of the Server Groups are tagged as template. Can I remove this tag and add it to another group? Or is it stuck as a template group?

I assume the procedures will be the same for both Server and Channel Groups.

Thank you again for reading my query.

Later Days;
    ThatGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
    First off, is it possible to add users to the Server Group 1 (Guest Server Query)?
    I have changed the name and the permissions match Server Group 2 (Server Query Admin).
    That sounds like a joke. I am right?

If not, you know that all telnet clients without using the login command get the permissions from the "Guest Server Query" group? If you really done what you wrote, everyone is able to control and destruct your server now.

Apparently not. I have the default group as "Unsorted" (server group 10), which has most permissions at 40. Any new people joining are put in to this group. I have the altered Server Group 1 with most permissions set to 100.
    If it was possible for anyone to destroy my server settings I would not have people complaining that they can not talk in other channels, and I am sure the someone would by now have change things or banned everyone.

If you PM your server address to stefan and/or my self we can double check that claim. Do not put in this thread, PM it. I honestly think you are confused and this is why with the new clients they don't allow you to add your self to query admin.... If you have only edited your server groups in the client's gui, you have a major security problem now. But, one of use would be about to test and help with this.

I am on server Group 2 (Server Query Admin) myself. The one I am wondering about is Server Group 1 (Quest Server Query Admin).
    I will send you my server information.

So to bump my question...

Am I able to give myself server group 1 with all privelages, Hosts server group 2, Vice Hosts server group 3, etcetera...or am I wasting my time attempting this, and I should stick with server group 2 for myself and edit each server group below for each rank ...?

If you want the groups in a rank order just use the i_group_sort_id. But making a bunch of changes to a group (especially query group) is not a good idea.

Thread Information