Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved plugin commands are tied to DLL name

EDIT: this is in reference to inter-client plugin command events via ts3plugin_onPluginCommandEvent and sendPluginCommand

Before 3.0.0 beta releases, I was able to receive plugin commands between distinctly named plugin DLL's. E.g:

acre
    acre_x64

were able to cross-communicate. Now, however, I cannot filter myself based on the "name" sent by plugin command. However - I am also not able to specify the "name" used by plugin commands.

Therefore, I have no control on doing this and am required to release my 64/32 bit versions named the same - which i confusing and troublesome.
    Last edited by jaynus; January 25th, 2011 at 07:42 PM.

For the plugin commands for every file name I've release it uses the the value returned by ts3plugin_commandKeyword(). Now, I have had problems if I had my live build and test build in the plugins folder at the same time, even though only one was enabled at a time.

I've tested and built versions of my plugin to support all the current pre-release builds of the client and not seen this problem you mention, or I don't understand what you are describing as your problem.

I've released and tested my plugin named as:

• <plugin_name>_win32.dll
    • <plugin_name>_win64.dll
    • <plugin_name>_linux-x86.so
    • <plugin_name>_linux-amd64.so
    • lib<plugin_name>.dylib

Are you referring to typed plugin commands or cross-client plugin command "events"?

e.g.

ts3plugin_processCommand
    or
    ts3plugin_onPluginCommandEvent

I'm refering to the later - onPluginCommandEvent, which is "commands" sent between clients via sendPluginCommand

Ah, ok. I've not worked with onPluginCommandEvent yet. My plugin is simple and I've not found a need to use it that would not be seen as an abuse by my peers.

Sorry. I'm willing to help put an extra set of eyes on it if you want. Even a sample plugin that shows and example your problem would work if your plugin's code is closed source.

I'm sure doodle plugin will be affected if this is changed as described. Maybe he/she can chime in if working on the new rc1-pre plugins.

To help making plugins with a naming scheme as subscribed usable for pluginCommands, certain suffixes are now silently removed and ignored for the pluginCommand mechanism:

From changelog:
    * Plugin filename suffixes are removed for pluginCommand usage. Currently
    removed suffixes are: _win32, _win64, _linux_x86, _linux_amd64, _x86, _amd64,
    _32, _64, _mac

So for example "myplugin_win32.dll", "myplugin_win64.dll" and "libmyplugin_linux_x86.so" would all become "myplugin" internally and crossplatform usage should be fine.

Using the filename for the pluginCommand identifier is in my opinion no bad idea, this ensures the identifier is unique. If plugin could freely chose the identifier themselves, it might be possible to "steal" commands from another plugin.

Understood, that fix works perfect!

OK, updated my file names to match that incase I add a feature that uses it. Thanks.

Thread Information