Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Channel Min Depth at 0 for server admin

I'm pretty new with Teamspeak and I wasn't thinking too clearly, and I set the Channel Min Depth (i_channel_min_depth) value under "Grant" to 0 despite the warning that said not to. Now, since the value for that setting is 75, server admins can't create channels and whenever I try to edit either value, it tells me I have insufficient permissions.

Is there anyway to change the Grant value once it's been changed to 0?

That depends. Do you host the server yourself or rent? If you host it yourself you can use server query to either change it directly or add yourself to the admin query server group. Next time pay attention to the warning :P

I rent the server, but I do have full access to the server, or so I'm told by the host. I put in a support ticket with the host and they said there was nothing they could do, but I'm not sure the person who responded really understood what I was talking about.

I'm not sure what the command would be to change that value directly, but I guess I can start looking now :P

Download the server files and look at the query manual for the information on server query. I am almost 100% positive you do not have "full" access if you rent this server. You have server admin access but you don't have access to the serveradmin (different than server admin server group) password for server query and are not in the admin query server group.

What I would do is put in a ticket to have them remove that permission from your server group and change the grant back to 75. No need to get into crazy technical details that way

Thread Information