Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The reason for not transmitting the password over the network is obvious: the text can be eavesdropped if it were to used prior to an encryption handshake. Password over network is never reliable unless it is used after establishing a key. Using it as a client-side authentication make more sense.
    Good to see you understand the concept now

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    The reason for not transmitting the password over the network is obvious: the text can be eavesdropped if it were to used prior to an encryption handshake. Password over network is never reliable unless it is used after establishing a key. Using it as a client-side authentication make more sense.
    Good to see you understand the concept now
    You are talking about Man in the Middle attack. Establishing an encrypted handshake before passing the passoword is a very well documented feature. I understand the concept very well trust me I do. I am not asking for them to strip away from what is a great concept. Everyone seems to be missing my point I am not asking them to take away anything. All I am asking is that they add the option for Server side user passwords. I am not asking them to lower any standards at all. I can see I am flogging a dead horse.

The thread that Peter spoke about this stuff was deleted a while ago because the OP kept spamming and bumping the thread even after Peter answered his questions. He just didn't like the answers.

In your case it really comes down to the company and their decision to use this product or not. I personally would not refuse to recommend the product but just inform them that the product operates a little different than some other products and leave it to the company to decide if they understand the difference and are willing to use the product even though it is different than what most products use.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    The thread that Peter spoke about this stuff was deleted a while ago because the OP kept spamming and bumping the thread even after Peter answered his questions. He just didn't like the answers.

In your case it really comes down to the company and their decision to use this product or not. I personally would not refuse to recommend the product but just inform them that the product operates a little different than some other products and leave it to the company to decide if they understand the difference and are willing to use the product even though it is different than what most products use.
    I plan to fully make the companies aware of the features. I am not kicking product in any way. I am running my teamspeak server and I love it. I have nothing against the product. For my needs the issue is mute as I only allow people that I know and trust onto my server. These companies have great security concerns and if they do not have multi layers of security it causes them great concern and worry. I will take it up with them. I am with all products impartial in my presentations.

Thread Information