Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Same IP Dropping Connection

Currently running TS3(Server and Client) on a home computer for a small group of friends.

Several people connect to the server with no problems.. Currently have 14 of us on the server with no issues. Sounds awesome.

Only issue I have is if someone from the same IP and myself connects to the server, they can log in, shows them in the server then they get this:

<Time> "UserName" dropped (connection lost)

After this, they cannot seem to connect to the server at all. They get:

Connection timed out.

At the same time this is happening, the server is up and running for all the other users including myself who uses the same IP.

I have searches the forums and changed the Default Port to a different port but that didnt stop they problem. I cannot find any other solution for this problem.

Also have checked the router and firewall but that is not the issue as other users from different IP's are still connected to the server without any problems.

Is there a setting that limits 1 IP login? if so how do i remove it?

If you know of a fix, or can suggest something that might work, please let me know! Thanks for your time and knowledge..

KrazyKanuck
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; January 30th, 2011 at 02:12 AM.

Does this user have a firewall or anti-virus program that might be causing the problem? Are they on a University campus? What is their internet connection speed (up/down) and do they have much packet loss while they are online?

Thanks for the reply.

Never thought her anti virus stuff would cause the problem but i will check that with her.

It is over a Home network.. UL and DL speeds are not the issue 5 down 2 up.
    As for packet loss, ill run a ping and see what happens.. And it only seems to do it on her computer(same network as mine). Im running "Localhost" but she drops connection.. 7 others are on it now with no issues or dropped connections..

We used to have a Ventrilo server, but with more people using it, we decided to switch to the free TS server as it can hold the 12 of us who frequent it instead of only allowing 8 like Vent does.

Ill check her antivirus software and run a ping/traceroute and see what that shows...

Any other ideas? suggestions? thoughts?

Thanks again.. Will post with results

Update:

Ping = 0 packet loss
    Traceroute clean..

Turned off Virus Protection and Firewall. Nada... still connected, then dropped connection.. Then she was unable to locate the server?!?!

I decided to connect to it without running "localhost". I used my forwarded address and i used my IP.. Same problem. I could not stay connected to the server running through my IP. I tried again with "localhost" and i havent dropped connection in 1 hour.

Is there something that prevents/conflicts with TS server and TS client on the same computer/network that doesnt allow it to work?

is she on the LAN with you or outside of it? What IP is she using to connect?

On the same LAN as me and the server...
    Everyone else connects through a forwarding address..
    She cannot connect through the forwarding address or the actual IP address were the server is operating(ours).

Did not have this issue with Ventrilo, so no clue what is causing this.

What router do you use? Sounds like your router might be the issue if you and her both get disconnects when using the LAN IP.

For a server in LAN, you should ALWAYS connect via the LAN address if the client is in the same LAN. Many routers have problems when you connect from within the LAN via the "external IP".

If you are say 192.168.0.10, and the other PC (with the problems is) 192.168.0.11, and the server is 192.168.0.50, then both of you two should connect to "192.168.0.50", and obviously the sentence you say in the opening post "Only issue I have is if someone from the same IP as myself connects to the server" will then no longer be true (as you two are connecting from different IPs)

SOLVED!!

Okay i totally screwed up earlier and put in the WRONG LAN IP..
    i put:
    xxx.xxx.x.x.10

Added and x when i didnt need to...

All computers over the LAN can now connect without dropping connection.

Thanks to poisonpanik and Peter!

God to hear

Thread Information