Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved suddenly everone can kick?

sorry if this issue have been covered before, but I have tryed to reed all posts here..

upgrade to the latest version on the server on a linux dist made it possible to everyone to suddenly kick everyone, including admins from the server. thats not ok, im tierd and have maby missed something now, but, what the hell?

Check in the ServerAdmin and the Normal Server_Groups, these values:

i_client_kick_from_server_power
    i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power
    i_client_kick_from_channel_power
    i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power

Two things need to be done.

First you need to set the auto-update permission on, at a minimum, your server admin server group. The second, set the needed powers for kick/move on EVERY server group.

This problem developed because you did not have the auto-update permission set and when the update occurred it split the original kick permission and needed permission into 2 different permissions. Since you didn't have the update permission set TS did not know what to do so it did not set any of these new permissions for any group. Review the documentation for the correct values for the auto-update permission.

Thanks alot!
    Now I know what to do and Im trying to learn how this permission system works.

But now to issue nr 2, whenever I try to do anything the server only says "insufficient permission modify power", Im already a Server admin so is there anything I have missed? I think something has gone really bad here and the best thing is to set all permissions back to default and is there any way to do so beside resetting the whole database? I dont want to loose all the users and so on.

Thanks for all the help guys

Do you rent the server or host it yourself? If you rent you will have to contact your provider. If you host the server you will have to use server query to add these permissions to your admin server group. From there you can use the client to add/edit the permission.

Be sure to set the auto-update permission since the next server update will include a permission update. If you don't set this you will have a similar problem with the next update and the new permissions.

Thank you for your help.

Im hosting the server and Im not that überelite with the server query, I find it rather confusing but its probably a very good tool if one understands it

To sum it all up, I re-installed the whole server and now everything feels smooth again. I felt it would be less painful than having me poke around with server query.

Thanks again.

Exclamation Big Problem with guest rights

*** German part deleted ***
    *** This forum is english only ***

And now for the english member:
    Sorry, my english is not so good, so i have translate it with google what is not at all better than me

Hi,
    I or a comunity where I am, has a very big problem.
    And today is a user noticed that he can kick other people, although he has had no rights for it.
    Well, first we thought that perhaps permissions have been adjusted. But was also not the fault. Finally we have the TS server is booted three. So in the Ursprugszustand back. It was still: the user with the rank of "normal" or "Guest" could still kick. We had not changed in the rights at this time. So without further ado, we have the two groups sometimes simply taken away all rights. You could still!
    Soo, I hope you can help me.
    've Been through google on a few other desperate thrust, but there was never really an answer.

--- Merged ---

*** German part deleted ***
    *** This forum is english only ***

Bevor I will forget it, the server runs on Linux
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 26th, 2011 at 07:17 AM.

Hello

Please check the kick permission in each server group and specialy for normal and guest.
    The needed kick power (i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power) must be set in each groups.

By default the guest groups has:
    - i_client_kick_from_server_power (removed)
    - i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power : value=25

edit by dante
    Last 2 post's have been merged
    Last edited by dante696; October 26th, 2011 at 09:17 AM.

Thread Information