Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ToDo List Force subchannel option/ limit guests from creating channels under last channelintree

First and foremost let me say thanks to TeamSpeak for their work on the TS3 beta, the options and customization is awesome! I am on staff at the gaming website FragWorld.org and we provide a free 500 slot TS3 server to the community. I was wondering, after many hours of unsuccessful research, if there is an option that you can use to either:
    1. Force guests who try to create sub-channels under a spacer at the bottom of the Channel Tree to be unable to to transmit voice due to that channel automatically inheriting the required talk power of the spacer.
    2. Force guests to only be able to create sub-channels under a certain main channel.

Quote Originally Posted by kozarman1 View Post
    1. Force guests who try to create sub-channels under a spacer at the bottom of the Channel Tree to be unable to to transmit voice due to that channel automatically inheriting the required talk power of the spacer.
    No. What are you trying to achieve?

2. Force guests to only be able to create sub-channels under a certain main channel.
    This is possible, don't give server group guest the permissions to create channels (i.e. remove b_channel_create_temporary) and then give this right in the "channel permissions" of the channel you wish to allow users to create their channel. Disadvantage: Since the Client User Interface does not know it has the permissions to create a subchannel there, it will gray out the create channel as long as the client doesn't switch into this room. So you would have to call it something like "Join here to create your private (sub)channel"

An alternative would be a serverquery bot that automatically moves and newly created channels into a certain structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No. What are you trying to achieve?
    I am trying to configure things so that guests can create temp channels w/pass, but only able to do so under one main channel in my channel tree. Below is my channel tree as it appears on the server. I would like to configure it so that guests can only create Sub-Channels under the Private Rooms Main Channel. Name:  Amonsul RG.gif
Views: 423
Size:  106.3 KB
    FragWorld.org
    Public Lounge
    -a2k-
    AFK
    Clans
    Guilds
    Game Rooms
    Private Rooms (Temp Sub-Channels here)
    FragWorld.org
    ----NO CHANNELS BENEATH THIS-----

Quote Originally Posted by kozarman1 View Post
    I am trying to configure things so that guests can create temp channels w/pass, but only able to do so under one main channel in my channel tree. Below is my channel tree as it appears on the server. I would like to configure it so that guests can only create Sub-Channels under the Private Rooms Main Channel. Name:  Amonsul RG.gif
Views: 423
Size:  106.3 KB
    FragWorld.org
    Public Lounge
    -a2k-
    AFK
    Clans
    Guilds
    Game Rooms
    Private Rooms (Temp Sub-Channels here)
    FragWorld.org
    ----NO CHANNELS BENEATH THIS-----
    This is only possible via a bot that moves newly created channels into the position you would like them to have.

Is there anything that the TeamSpeak Team is working on to maybe create a set guest channel area that accomplishes what I am looking for?

In our latest server version, we changed something with i_channel_modify_power. It is not possible to move a channel into another channel, when your i_channel_modify_power has an lower value as the i_channel_needed_modify_power in both channels.

We also add this feature "for creating a subchannel" in our next release.

TS-384
    Last edited by dante696; February 4th, 2011 at 01:24 PM.

Thread Information