Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question [SUGGESTION] More buttons in default toolbar

Hi,

Currenty there are only a few buttons in the default toolbar after installation. Can you please include more buttons (create channel, expand/collapse, file browser...etc.) in the default toolbar for everyone? Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Slater; February 16th, 2011 at 09:08 AM.

Right click and select Customize Toolbar.

Screech, I repeat for you again:
    "Can you please include more buttons (create channel, expand/collapse, file browser...etc.) in the default toolbar for everyone?"
    So again: in default toolbar.

What would you think if Microsoft Office 2012 comes out with only file Open / Close buttons and when you ask for the "Insert" button they say:

"Right click and select Customize Toolbar." ?

When I add them into my Toolbar (on my notebook), then it looks a bit overloaded and I'm not interested to run the client in fullscreen.
    I don't like the suggestion forum all these buttons.

I agree with the button "create channel". I send this threat to a developer.
    Last edited by dante696; June 14th, 2011 at 02:31 PM.

I get it now. I didn't catch you understood there were there in the customize window and wanted a clean install to have them on the toolbar. I agree with dante, that would be too cluttered. Though Create channel would be nice. I even removed some of the buttons that were there on my client.

It is hard for users to find out where are "Create Channel" and "Expand All" / "Collapse All" buttons. I think these are important functions but they aren't on the default Toolbar. Do you have plan to include these in the default Toolbar?

disagreeing aswell...

Not interested to run client full screen and those who wants more in there can always customize...
    I'd rather remove Identities and maybe even contacts from the Default Toolbar as those are Functions you need like once (as for Identities at least) or once every so often (certainly not every day). And in the Instances you do need them you can always open them up through the menu.

I know that I have enough on mine that I run it down the left side of the window rather than the top since my windows is taller than it is wide. Maybe add one new button, that opens a window explaining the customization options of the toolbar.

Only "Create Channel" is necessay in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Only "Create Channel" is necessay in my opinion.
    Agreed. A "Create Channel" button in the default toolbar could be a good thing for the average joe... but other options are not needed.

I agree, «Create Channel» useful on some servers, where users creates temponary channels.
    But if the server forbidden this function, use buttons: Toggle Subscribe mode, Subscribe / Unsubscribe on channel and Expand / Collapse Subchannels.
    I want theese buttons in toolbar:
    1. "Ignore Neutrals" or "Only Friends" — If channel not passworded I'm speaking with friends. When somebody connects in our channel, ..don't worry us...
    2. Plugin command (+colorize text, if plugin hasn't icons)...
    3. Function "Unload Memory", when TeamSpeak client window is unused (in games) just release memory (if is it possible? *Or it maybe crashes client =\)... OffTop: I spotted, that client crashes with no error, when overloaded CPU, Like I pressed uncreated "exit" hotkey. Crash dump not found!
    Can you create new thin toolbar with: Capture/Playback/Hotkey/Notification/Whipserlist profile (with customizable COLOURED text / or just color with First Letter of profile). TO DISABLE whisper hotkeys and deactivate Whisperlist choose SELECTED profile (I'm using «deactivate hotkey profile» from menu, but I want them in toolbar.
    sorry, I know English not good... (Did You understand?)
    Last edited by [email protected]; July 15th, 2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Agree; New toolbar?; crash client: OffTop

Thread Information