Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

3.0.0-pre9 Cut-Out bug persists

After extensive, large player testing (~25-45 players) we have noticed the cut-out bug still persists, but is now much more obvious (I say obvious as in, the actual cause and visibility of the bug happening is easily detectable)

Mainly, at random times, in random scenarios, the onTalkStatusEvent fires for players and is basically a STOP_SPEAKING event. It is like the person let go of their PTT key (from a code perspective), however they have not.

Additionally - this seems to be more prevalent on some players more than others.

I can confirm, however, that this *is* related directly to the (other clients) receiving a stopTalking event for that client - when they have not in fact stopped talking.

Lastly - this stopTalking event fires for plugins, and obviously for the sound engine. HOWEVER - it does not seem to fire somewhere within Ts3 - The users icon stays lit, even though you cannot hear them, and the plugin has registered them as "stopped talking".

I believe the above may help you trace the bug.

Is the stop talking event followed by a start talking event shortly after or before? In this case the client only had a very short hickup and is still transmitting. As the light in the clientui stays lit you as the client plugin sdk should also be able to detect the client is still sending.

No, it does not appear to be followed by another START_TALKING event. Let me get exact logs for you on the function calls though, so I can be 100% exact on the order of operations happening here.

Okay tested now.

It seems the cut-out portion of this I *think* was my code. However, one oddity that did come up:

It seems that TS3 (and it seems much more frequent with VAD), sends non-linear START/STOP talking events. e.g. you might get:

START_TALKING
    START_TALKING
    START_TALKING
    STOP_TALKING

is this intended?

It can happen that a client is talking multiple times at once (overlapping talking), so you might get:

start1
    start2
    stop1
    stop2

You should always have the same number of starts and stops (provided the client is currently talking ). A single stop even might not mean the client stopped sending, provided there were two (or more) "open" start events before.

Thread Information