Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Remove inactive clients / Clean Group even if in a perm. group

I believe there should be a feature to cleanup server group clients.

At the moment, my TeamSpeak 3 servergroups contain clients that quit, or have changed to a new identity etc.

There must be a way to clean up old database clients that have moved to a new identity or are no longer inactive or have deleted their identity.

Currently, to delete multiple clients who are the same person, you need to sort through the large list of clients and manually delete them.

Hi, I believe if they belong to temporary servergroup (such as Guest), they will be automatically deleted after 30 days of inactivity. If they're inactive AND belongs to a permanent servergroup (such as N, S), make sure they belong to no servergroup and that's all you have to do.

Hello

Cooper talk about start parameter dbclientkeepdays (by default 90 days) and yes this users should not be in a permanent group.

More informations in the documentation :
    TeamSpeak 3 Server Quick Start.txt

A new parameter for delete the old users in a permanent group seem to be a good solution.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 5th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.

At the moment they belong to a custom servergroup which is permanent. The server is being run by a hosting company, so to set the dbclientkeepdays, would I need to ask them?

You may ask them, what limit they have set.
    Just remove those users you dont need any longer from all server groups and they should be deleted automatically later.

@Florian: Indeed, would be a good suggestion to set a time limit and any user older than this gets deleted.

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to include one of the following functions?:

1: "Delete inactive clients" button on "List all Clients" dialog. This button would remove all clients from database (time defined in the config) even if the client is in a permanent server/channel group.

OR

2: "Clean Group" button on "Server Groups" and "Channel Groups" dialog window. This button is the same as above but you can reduce the server load by checking clients only in the current group.

We have many Server Group filled with inactive users. It gets overwhelming searching for inactive users. So please don't ask me to remove clients from goups first because we are not working on our TS3 server in a full time job.

Thanks.

--- Merged ---

Hi,

Do you have any news about this User/Group Maintenance function? Or is it safe to do a MySQL query directly on the database? (After stopping the server) Or do you have any other solution to remove hundreds of inactive users (in server groups) from our db? Ty.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 29th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.

you can do with the database what you want aslong the server is not running

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Hi,

Do you have any news about this User/Group Maintenance function? Or is it safe to do a MySQL query directly on the database? (After stopping the server) Or do you have any other solution to remove hundreds of inactive users (in server groups) from our db? Ty.

But if I remove users from "clients" table via phpMyAdmin does it remove permissions/avatars...etc too?

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    But if I remove users from "clients" table via phpMyAdmin does it remove permissions/avatars...etc too?
    Of course not... Querying the database manually does not trigger any actions from the TeamSpeak 3 Server. If you manually delete an entry from the clients table, you'll also have to delete all related recordsets and files.

Then its not a real solution.

You could always change the Database Design, so it would use Foreign Keys. Using Foreign Keys you could get all Permissions removed automagically once you delete a Client from the Clients table.

Disclaimer: I did not try this in any way, but in theory it should work.

I guess this discussion won't end. We do not plan to add such a feature.
    Only users, without a permanent group should get deleted.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information