Forum

[Suggestion] Delay Settings 90sec for Live CSS Matches

Is it possible to add a feature that could handle the delay of 90sek. if i watch my m8s in a match, i am in the same ts3 channel, but their ingame commands and the hltv broadcast with 90 sec delay didnt match (of course) .. so if i possibly record the ts3 voices and play it with 90sec delay it will match, u know what i mean? sry4bad-english. just for the case, i am testing a new member for the mainteam and i wanna watch him playing with the lineup, so it would be very nice, when i can rate his critical commands or his reaction to the commands by the captain..

i hope u understand my question

This idea does not sound bad for all these hardcore gamers.
    But a delay of 18 seconds means, that you will timeout and the most user wan't a fast reply from their mates.

Why you don't put a delay in your software, when you put the video and voice together? (if there is a video in the end)
    Last edited by dante696; March 6th, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

here i am again.. took a while but i saw your post now..

i think u didnt understand my scenario.. i am not talking about video and voice cuting. all had to be in realtime..

think of a counterstrike:source match 5on5 .. i am a spectator on HLTV with a delay of 90sec.. but i am in the same channel with the 5 playing members. my hltv stream is 90sec behind their commands. u know?

now the question is, how can i get a delay of 90sec in the channel? would be nice if ts3 can stream in another channel e.g. with that delay or something..

Sound Buffer

Hi,

Does TS3 support any type of client side buffer? Reason is that I have set up a couple of music streaming bots for TS3. They work great however when a little bit of ping is added to the mix they act up, it is not terrible but I would prefer it not happening.

I have tested this theory against a 0 ping environment and a 20 ping environment, the 20 ping set up was causing the audio to skip or pop.

My plan is to add a good 1-3 second buffer but I am not sure that is possible server side for TS3.

Hi,

the receiving client actually buffers incoming sound data, but this is not a configurable variable currently. It is optimised for low delay so losing a packet once in a while is considered "ok" when it gives us the benefit of faster (closer to real time) audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hi,

the receiving client actually buffers incoming sound data, but this is not a configurable variable currently. It is optimised for low delay so losing a packet once in a while is considered "ok" when it gives us the benefit of faster (closer to real time) audio.
    any plans to add a configurable delay? maybe by channel? I see that the current codec settings support lower bandwidth use by adding a delay, being able to make it longer would be great.

I can also see a lot of other uses for this when it comes to streaming or broadcasting scrims..etc

I should say that I am personally not looking for an 18 second delay, something along the lines of 5 seconds is good.
    Last edited by kraze1994; June 6th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

Thread Information