Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Packet loss out

Packet loss out

HI,
    I have a problem with TS3, my rate of packet loss out is around 50 %. I cannot discuss because what I say is incomprehensible. That I have to make to reduce the rate of packet loss?
    Thx for the answers

m0zZa

What kind of internet-connection do you have?

I have a internetconnection like the ADSL, it is by WiMax.
    What I do not understand it is that I can play on internet (cod 4, guild wars) and my ping is good, but I can not speak with TS3 because my packet loss are too much raised.

We use UDP for talking to other users. Maybe this is a problem for your connection. A broken or outdated sound driver can cause the same problem.

It is not a soud driver because all the computers connected to me have the same problem. But in local, we can discuss. If the use of UDP it is my problem, what i have to do?

Somebody can help my ?

So as soon you conenct to a server like our public server voice.teamspeak.com, your client starts lagging?
    Try to set continous transmission for testing, your problem sounds like users with USB UMTS sticks have.
    The provider save traffic, when the connection bandwith gets lowered, when nothing happens. Means, when they stopp talking for a while, then they will have packet loss as long the usb device recognizes the traffic. They can fix it with continous transmission, but this is no real solution :-/

I have no idea how this can be fixed in that case.
    Last edited by dante696; March 4th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

My favorite thing that noone seems to remember yet, Dante ^- :

Look into your modem/router configuration and search for a checkbox Or configuration related to term
    DDOS protection (there might be a word packet ...)

This kind of behaviour is happening because vendor which made that device, propably didn't do well, and because it's hard to implement such DDOS protection for UDP connections.

i do not find the term DDOS in my router. I have QOS ( Qualities of Sevice). I think that it cannot arrange. I discourage.

Dante i have try with continous transmission, but i have the same problem...

Does it happen on our server too? Address can be found post above.

yes, and often I cannot connect to the server
    but i have try with TS2 and there is no problem...
    I do not understand
    Last edited by m0zZa; March 4th, 2011 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m0zZa View Post
    yes, and often I cannot connect to the server
    but i have try with TS2 and there is no problem...
    I do not understand
    hmm, so facts are telling me that either we overlooked something (firewall antivirus) or it is there, you just don't see it(okey, perhaps in way that doesn't exactly match DDOS...).
    note: DDOS is short for words: Dynamic Denial of Service

Why do I think that: You with your ts3client have issues and It is only when you are connecting from where you are(assuming home internet connection). Using any other server doesn't make a difference.

About teamspeak2: you mean like you tested that everyone(in channel) can hear you clearly on some server in last month?
    Also since teamspeak2 the new teamspeak3 can and probably even the ts3servers you used is configured in way to use more traffic.....
    more traffic .... more packets ... DDOS will throttle(drop them) ... user is unhappy(you are correct?)

Because since times of teamspeak2, everyone probably changed way they are connecting to the internet including their connection speed.

What do you think about having TeamViewer/VNC session?

Thread Information