Forum

Solved Update from Beta23 to Beta30 possible?

Hi all,

I've forgotten to update my TS3-Server for a little time. It is Beta23 till now (Linux-Server).

Today I've tried the "quick'n'dirty"-way and changed the executable to the actual version. But - as I respected - this doesn't work.

Do I have any chance to update the Server or must I start from the beginning an build all my servers, channels, users and permissions again? I hope not.

Many thanks for any helpfull hint I will get...

Nils

When i_group_auto_update is set in all groups, it also should work. some permissions have been changed or updated, but this permissions sets them as they should in a clean server.

Why you don't try it out first, if you dislike it, use a new server database . Make a copy of your old database, before you update, because its hard to downgrade again!

@dante696: Many thanks for your answer. This sounds good and I hope you saved my before a big amount of stupid work.

Now I have a look at my server and I can't find a privilege "i_group_auto_update" but "i_group_auto_update_type". I think that is it what you mean and found some posts here where this is described as a solution for my problem. But I can't set this option to any value. Do I have to set some rights via a SQL before?
    *** german part deleted ***
    *** This forum is english only! ***
    Last edited by dante696; March 1st, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Yes that is the correct permission. A server version later on changed it removing the word group from it. The correct settings for this permission for beta 23 are here -> http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...922#post240922

Once you set this permission make a copy of your database and then update as normal and verify your permission settings once updated.

If you cannot set it are you getting an error? Do you have an identity in the admin query server group? If so try using this identity to set this permission.

hm... it seems I've understand less then I thought. I allready found the thread you posted the link to, but all slutions I found there doesn't work. I thik I'm not able to do it right.

I do this:
    - connect to the server with an SA-account
    - Go to "permissions -> Server Groups"
    - on the left side I selct the group "Server Admins"
    - then search the Permission "i_group_auto_update_type"
    - doubleclick on it and enter a "2"
    but after pressing the Enter-Key the line is gray again and the entered value is not accepted. thame result when I rightclick it and try to enter a value after selcting "Add Grant Permission".

That's why I thought it is nessasary to add some privilegs via SQL before, but I can't find a way to do so.

Do you get an error message when you press ENTER? Do you have an identity in the admin query server group to try this with?

No there is no error message!

It is my Server, I installed it. Therefor I think I will have any right. Can you explain a little more detailed what to do? Till now I used my "normal" identity, which is in the group "server admin". I can't see any "admin query server group". Is there a difference? How can I get member of this group?

Here is the information you need to add your identity (or a second which I recommend instead of your primary) to the admin query server group. This must be done via server query using the serveradmin username and password that was generated on the first run of your server.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...466#post272466

I'll try this when I'm back home. But this will be in about 8 hours... Now I'm at work and can't access my TS from here.
    I will report later.

Many thanks for all your help, everything works fine now!

(Thread could be closed)

Good to hear it is working. Be sure to double check permissions like the kick permissions to ensure they are set correctly.

Thread Information